Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DOES THE CUAD/IPTAY NOT REALIZE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

DOES THE CUAD/IPTAY NOT REALIZE

Oct 26, 2021, 8:56 AM

That Clemson fans keep their color-printed tickets as keepsakes; that this is maybe just a small part, but a part nonetheless of their pride and the loyalty to Clemson Athletics?

The money-grubbing that has infiltrated our processes is an affront to the long-time donors to this University. How much is enough? Give donors the option. I'll pay a little more if that's what it takes..

I realize mobile tickets are more cost-effective, but even most people who are very comfortable doing the mobile thing STILL WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THAT KEEPSAKE!

C'mon, Clemson, do the RIGHT THING next season!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I too like the paper ticket....

Oct 26, 2021, 9:02 AM

but its never going back to that for a variety of reasons (cost, safety/security, tracking, etc...)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I too like the paper ticket....

Oct 26, 2021, 9:06 AM

Never say never. If enough fans complain things can change. I, too, would like paper tickets. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read an article about how many digital book readers are

Oct 26, 2021, 9:13 AM

returning to paper copies and bookstores have settled from their previous decline.

There will always be digital information, but there may be a slight shift back towards paper copies as well.
I have even taken a paper map with me on some recent trips because the navigation screen does not allow for easy zooming out of the larger picture.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Then maybe they'll issue commemorative paper........

Oct 26, 2021, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: I too like the paper ticket.... ]

tickets for season ticket holders without bar codes on them for keepsakes. But I can't see official tickets ever going back to paper.

Have the time the gate attendants dont even scan the mobile!***

Oct 26, 2021, 9:09 AM [ in reply to I too like the paper ticket.... ]

Re: Have the time the gate attendants dont even scan the mobile!***

Oct 26, 2021, 9:22 AM

You know they don’t have to physically scan barcodes, right? They just get the reader near the phone to scan the e-ticket.

I’ve never seen anyone not get scanned.

I’ve seen numerous not scanned

Oct 26, 2021, 9:38 AM

They just wave them thru

Re: I’ve seen numerous not scanned

Oct 26, 2021, 9:41 AM

I highly doubt that

Re: I’ve seen numerous not scanned

Oct 26, 2021, 1:22 PM [ in reply to I’ve seen numerous not scanned ]

Well, they just wave Mrs Noodle through too…her tickets are on my phone. And scanned.

Yep, I saw that at the SC State game…

Oct 26, 2021, 9:09 PM [ in reply to I’ve seen numerous not scanned ]

They couldn’t get the folks in from of me scanned so they just let them in.

Re: DOES THE CUAD/IPTAY NOT REALIZE

Oct 26, 2021, 9:14 AM

Could not agree more. I have my tickets from 1980 to 2020. I also do not own a cell phone to download so I have to take a relative and have them take care of tickets. I graduated in 1962 with an engineering degree without a computer but a slide rule. Unfortunately this is just the beginning. Most schools have quite printing programs and that is coming next. Hiss boo.

Oct 26, 2021, 3:58 PM

You can go to the IPTAY office before the game and get a printed ticket if you don’t have a cell phone. Easy peasy.

Good training for when the commies take away your paper money.***

Oct 26, 2021, 9:26 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2021, 9:28 AM

Hear hear. I can do mobile but want the stubs. I have my tickets from games I went to with my daddy in the 70s and 80s.

Oct 26, 2021, 9:30 AM

How much are you willing to pay for souvenir tickets. I agree Clemson could give you the option to purchase paper copies as memorabilia, but only that, they can’t be functional. You’re right the process at the gate needs significant improvement, but that’s only gonna happen if we go all in and improve the processes. Maybe they can set up certain gate(s) that can handle physical tickets so that it doesn’t impact what everyone else is doing. Bottom line is paper tickets are going away period. I’m not getting a phone book dropped on my porch or keeping a map in my glove compartment any more.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think a little…

Oct 26, 2021, 9:39 AM

The mobile tix download can have a print at home option.

Re: Think a little…

Oct 26, 2021, 9:45 AM

The technology doesn’t require scanning a bar code. An NFC or RFid signal can be read to validate the ticket. It’s like when you tap your credit card at a grocery store instead of swiping or how your car key fob works to start your vehicle even if you don’t have to insert a key into the ignition. I can see a point in the future where you walk through a detector and it both checks for contraband and validates your entry based on the electronic signal.

Oct 26, 2021, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: DOES THE CUAD/IPTAY NOT REALIZE ]

It was 30 bucks per year the last 2 years before Wuhan virus to get paper copies. So they were already headed away from it. I would pay for the option to have physical tickets for keepers.

Oct 26, 2021, 9:33 AM

I agree. Bring back the paper tix without having to jump through hoops to get them.

People can still request the paper tickets.***

Oct 26, 2021, 9:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

JUST WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR

Oct 26, 2021, 10:27 AM

You won't need a phone, it will just scan the COVID chip in your arm.
Verifies vax and ticket purchase all in one easy step.

Modern technology is a wonderful thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: JUST WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR

Oct 26, 2021, 11:25 AM

As a self-proclaimed grumpy old man, I prefer the mobile

Oct 26, 2021, 1:45 PM

tickets. But, I tend not to be a keeper of items I can easily lose or that don't have extreme emotional value. I have pictures.

I also have a feeling that when relatives go through my stuff when I am no longer of this world, they will simply toss it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

hit the print button on your phone***

Oct 26, 2021, 2:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I guess you fail to see the

Oct 26, 2021, 7:15 PM

Link between paper tickets and Covid. Without power tickets, Covid wouldn’t have ever spread. Thanks New Orleans Jan 2019. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2021, 10:47 PM

In 10-yrs they’ll simply scan the microchip implanted in your brain for entry.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic