Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJ ain’t the problem lay off him play complimentary football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 695

DJ ain’t the problem lay off him play complimentary football

Dec 1, 2022, 11:46 AM

Just read the article about Dabo and mental Monday. I wanted to point out DJ over time HAS improved kind of big statically speaking. His completion percentage is 62% versus 55% last year. His passer rating is 136 versus 108 from last year. He has 2500 yards passing through a 12 game regular season whereas he had 2200 last season through 13 games. His passing TD’s are 22 versus 9 from last year. His interceptions thrown are down as well. The only negative I know of is his fumbles which is fixable. My point in writing this is to show DJ is a good QB and if he can just fix a few things and continues on the trajectory he is on he will succeed and become an even better QB next year. Everyone blasting him, Dabo, raising Cain and all that needs to stop. NOBODY on this planet could duplicate the job that Dabo has done in Tigertown. I know it blows that we lost to ND but they are a good/decent team and it was an away game. I hate the fact that we lost to a lesser opponent in Usuck because honestly we win that game take care of business against UNC we are in the playoff period, at number 4. I’m my opinion Dabo is pissed because he knows we win that game we are in the playoff, plus everyone including the media believe there is some sort of controversy at QB and Cade ain’t ready. Dabo knows that this team is capable and has the talent of beating anyone in the country when they play complimentary football. We all need to be appreciative of the job Dabo has done and this team being 10-2. Go Tigers and beat the Tarholes

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why ain't Cade ready?***

Dec 1, 2022, 11:49 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good, informative & positive post BigTiger2012..

Dec 1, 2022, 11:53 AM

and glad you feel that way..and yes DJ has improved (particularly in more TD's & less INT's) for sure but still not enough to win vs better teams we faced (aka ND & usc) even though games vs WF & NCst were super wins for him & Tigers at the time.

Go TiGERS..just heep ROCKing for goodness sakes!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DJ ain’t the problem lay off him play complimentary football

Dec 2, 2022, 1:20 PM

Sure, DJ would be OK in some offenses. But if you look back, Clemson didn’t do all that winning with good quarterbacks. They depended on GREAT quarterbacks. If they are going rely on fair to good qb’s going forward, they need a different offense. I’m not sure anybody on staff has ever installed something brand new, so that’s a challenge. But you don’t even take that step if you cling to the belief that DJ is going to somehow morph into TL or even TB. That absurd hope isn’t fair to anybody, least of all DJ.

But no matter what, Clemson can keep winning 10 games a year indefinitely. The ACC is very kind, and if needs be Clemson can schedule Furman and a couple of MAC teams every year (better to steer clear of the SunBelt).

Dabo has to be considered a great coach, but his timing helped. Bowden had to contend with good Miami, FSU, VaTech and even GATech teams. Dabo had to deal with a good VaTech for a year or two before they joined those others in the dumpster. We like to ignore all of that. And I myself was perfectly willing to give Dabo mountains of underserved credit until he started acting like such a jerk.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the change in playcalling attributed more for the...

Dec 2, 2022, 2:28 PM

change in DJ's stats than his progress. He seemed to manage handing the ball off and short passes very well last season and that's why we call more short passes and running plays.

Folks don't understand how useless statistics are without perspective. If you start sorting stats with the intent of proving something, finding the stats which support your intent is really simple.

So goes the old saying, "figures don't lie but liars can figure."

I'm not directing that at you or anyone here in particular. I'm just saying if someone isn't aware that writers gather and present stats they have a predetermined intent which is not always trustworthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 695
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic