Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Day before the GAME
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 540

Day before the GAME

Nov 26, 2021, 3:58 PM

Got some Christmas tunes playing on the porch right now. Life is fun.
For a change got up early and have been doing outdoor decorations today till I got too achy. No need for me to get tired and fall off a ladder.
I only worked on the lake side off my porch today, will maybe do something on the road side for neighbors to see over the week end.

Getting old is a drag. I am old and as far as I know, in average good health.
Fitness is not something you earn and get to keep. We are all always improving or declining. How many of yall can tell a difference in now and 20 years back?
I am as strong as to muscles and skeletal as ever, but my cardio system is crap.

In past decades cardio performance has been a hobby of mine as I was a footracer. To that end may know more about decline than some who don't keep daily records. Mine is well documented.
My cardio physical peak was around 45 as I was lazy as to exercise until near 40 so peaked late. Most peak around 30 and reach a much higher level than I ever did. Youth is a huge deal, but it is not ours to keep.

No matter how active we are, age is hard on the body and pulls us down. It is the way of the world.
At 50 I could run 30 miles at a solid pace. Crank up, level out at a pace the cardio system could handle (threshold level), and my body could perform for hours.

Now at 75, checking the mail raises my heart beat into anaerobic levels. Yard work is now actually cardio exercise for me.
Our cardio system goes to #### as we age. The diaphragm hardens up. Lungs don't work as well. Blood vessels get clogged. The heart has to work harder to move the blood. It is the way of 100% of the people in the world. I hate that!

I have way over a hundred Christmas albums and here is my favorite:

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Replies: 0
| visibility 540
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic