Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson football awards - hmmmm.. a bit much
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Clemson football awards - hmmmm.. a bit much

Jan 16, 2022, 1:35 PM

I mean please.. pretty much anyone that is a "regular" gets an award??

And Justyn Ross an award for "most consistent, dependable.." - was the award chooser watching tape from 2018??

When everybody gets an award, everybody loses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly! Awards should mean something.***

Jan 16, 2022, 2:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^Fun Guy at Parties^^^^^^***

Jan 16, 2022, 2:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pls don't ask me to your parties.. I don't look good in pink

Jan 16, 2022, 2:32 PM

thanks

You should get an award for most punchable avatar***

Jan 16, 2022, 2:45 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, nothing is stopping you Balm***

Jan 16, 2022, 2:46 PM

Re: Clemson football awards - hmmmm.. a bit much

Jan 16, 2022, 2:54 PM

Have you never been a part of any kind of team/organization because that’s pretty much how any end of year banquet is run. It’s not necessarily an acknowledgment of what happened in games - there are actual awards for that. These kind of things are done to recognize contributions and for team building purposes and are often voted on by the participants. These types of programs long pre-date everyone gets a trophy outrage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2022, 3:02 PM

Sure I have, but 25% of the team gets awards, not 75%. If you didn't get an award at this most recent banquet I suggest you consider the portal.

I don't see a purpose in participation trophies. It is demeaning to the guys who really are the difference makers. Every organization has difference makers, and they need to be recognized as such.

Jan 16, 2022, 3:08 PM

Because they aren’t trophies in the sense that you’re trying to attach to them. They’re internal organizational recognitions. And we honestly have no idea who deserves what because we aren’t privy to the day to day contributions. It’s a completely silly thing to express even the slightest objection to. Beyond his unparalleled success one of Dabo’s great accomplishments is his ability to retain both staff and players. This cultural choice certainly doesn’t seem to be having a negative effect amongst either. When I hear a coach quit because he can’t believe we gave everyone a trophy at the banquet or a player leave because he felt the appreciation of his work was diminished because a backup got a banquet award I might reconsider.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at the portal and look at recruiting

Jan 16, 2022, 3:15 PM

Yes, yes, yes and yes.. Dabo is a great coach.

Yes, yes, yes and yes.. CU won a title in 2016 and 2018.

But, things change, things are always changing and since the 2018 title, talent is slipping. That's just a fact. TD'ing me isn't going to change that.

No, no, no and no.. Hunter Renfrow will not clone himself. He was a once in two generations walk-on.

Re: Look at the portal and look at recruiting

Jan 16, 2022, 3:31 PM

I didn’t TD you. It isn’t that serious - I just disagree. Our end of year banquet has absolutely nothing to do with the portal or whether or baseline talent is slipping which from an average star rating basis isn’t actually true based on our 3 deep.

Re: Look at the portal and look at recruiting

Jan 16, 2022, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Look at the portal and look at recruiting ]

I see you are quite the master of debating. You seem to stay on topic well and argue the points. I definitely don’t see any weaknesses such as veering away from the main points or inserting needless words and or fragmented sentences to distract from the arguments. Well done.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2022, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson football awards - hmmmm.. a bit much ]

I played little league with a kid who won the “most improved player” award three years in a row. He was one of the coaches sons. I asked him “how bad did you have to be three years ago to win that award three times?” The dad heard me and told my mom not to sign me up for the next season. Kind of weird that my baseball career ended at a banquet.

Jan 16, 2022, 6:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic