Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cincinnati
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,431

Cincinnati

Oct 20, 2021, 11:14 AM

We shudda added Cinti to the ACC.

Size: 46000 student; over 370000 living alumni
Academics: great schools of architecture, engineering, medicine, education, arts, etc
Athletics: competitive NOW in football, previous natl champs in bskball, competitive in baseball, soccer, softball
Location: Expand into the mid-west and a large (Cinti/N KY) TV market; beautiful campus; great town to visit
Natural rivalries: Louisville - and maybe ACC coudda added Memphis
And they're very anti-OSU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope !!!***

Oct 20, 2021, 11:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Care to expound upon this riveting response ?***

Oct 20, 2021, 1:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sure !!!

Oct 20, 2021, 3:41 PM

While Cincinnati is the best non- power five team without a seat at the table right now, historically, they are largely just another basketball school.

Cincinnati has become a consistent top 25 program under Fickell, but what do they really bring to the table? They compete in the same market as two professional sports teams? They have a solid following and draw solid crowds? They are in a large TV market, and a move to a major conference could potentially draw a lot more eyes towards ACC country in Big 10 state?

This sounds a lot like the same bull the league feed us with the addition of BC and Cuse.

It's about getting better and not just bigger. I think the ACC should focus on getting Notre Dame to join as a football member and then go after a school like Penn State.

While I agree that Cincinnati and West Virginia add decent regional options, not sure what they really bring to the table.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure !!!

Oct 20, 2021, 4:52 PM

Doesn’t sound much different than the City College of Louisville that the ACC added.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Not much !!!!***

Oct 20, 2021, 5:44 PM

Nada***

Oct 20, 2021, 12:37 PM

Care to explicate upon this titilating response ?***

Oct 20, 2021, 1:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Hope they win it all this year***

Oct 20, 2021, 1:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cincinnati

Oct 20, 2021, 1:14 PM

I'm worried that an undefeated Cincinnati team will not get into the playoffs. Their best win is behind them. In my opinion, it's going to depend on the outcome of the Ala-UGA game.

Memphis

Oct 20, 2021, 3:47 PM

Hell no. Memphis can't draw flies and the city is more of a UT, Ole Miss town.

Oct 20, 2021, 6:32 PM

Accurate post AT, except maybe the campus part. Would be a good addition to the conference.

Oct 20, 2021, 7:03 PM

I agree Exposes ACC to Ohio and a pro sports city not that far away from Louisville Lots of great recruits in Ohio Class school Has good sports programs all way around We missed this one

Oct 20, 2021, 9:53 PM

I have been saying this for years

Oct 20, 2021, 10:07 PM

It would feel almost like a home advantage soon for Cincy when they played in the state of South Carolina. They would feel right at home if the games were played in Hilton Head, but their fans wouldn't have to travel very far to watch the game though.

Oct 21, 2021, 10:22 AM

Hard pass.

Size: 46,000 students, 30,000 of those still wear 31-0 sweatshirts.
Acadmemics: meh to poor. A few good schools within but the overall package makes NC State look like scholars.
Athletics: Rarely competitive. They have a good season here and there. But normally they are slotted between Maryland and Virginia in football, basketball is kinda here ands there. And that is it., not competitive in other sports ... except womens dance really?
Natural Rivals: Miami... wait that is Miami of Ohio. Xavier. Memphis. UofL and Kentucky is more of their jam. I mean they are rivals to Louisville like we are rivals with Tennessee...

Oct 21, 2021, 10:32 AM

Cincy, yes

Memphis, not sold

Oct 21, 2021, 3:49 PM

I would have liked to see the ACC add Cinci and UCF, and maybe WVU.

What do they bring? Better sports programs than 75% of what the ACC has right now, expansion in markets.

Notre Dame isn't joining the ACC anytime soon. They make too much money in their current set up to join the ACC... they get the best of both worlds.

They also won;t be in the playoff picture anytime soon as an independent and must run the table, even then its close.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,431
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic