Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brent Venables is From Kansas! Played at KSU! So,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,330

Brent Venables is From Kansas! Played at KSU! So,

Nov 29, 2021, 10:36 PM

Clemson hadn't won it and been a serious contender for some time prior to attracting Brent Venables to the area! I think that fact; plus Clemson's ability to get good players plus the smooth talking Dabo drew him here.
Oklahoma won a National title back in 2000. I think he was on staff then(not sure).
Would he up-root and go to Oklahoma where he was an assistant over going to his Alma-matter? He is not from Oklahoma; he is from Kansas! He has won a National Title or two. IF he was going to be the HC somewhere - having played for Bill Snyder - I could see it being THERE( Kansas State )!

Obviously, I could be wrong! But, recruiting against LSU, Alabama, A&M for the best players out that way wouldn't be easy!
If it's the journey he would be after - and the grind of taking something and putting a good shine to it - Kansas State is the place(I would think) someone like BV would want to go.
Oklahoma in my opinion is a job he takes only to help solidify his financial future "even more" than it should be now!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Bama winds up shifting to the East

Nov 29, 2021, 10:44 PM

OU is as good as anyone in the West. Deep recruiting ties to the West Coast and Texas. Struggle will be year 1 with all the attrition, but for right now, they're still in the Big 12 for that year.

And after watching BV these 9 years and his competitive fire you think he'd just leave for the $$$, you're delusional.

I hope he stays, but OU is a top tier job. If he leaves I pull for the Sooners in the SEC. Great coach and has been a huge blessing here

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Bama winds up shifting to the East

Nov 29, 2021, 10:53 PM

striperfan said:

OU is as good as anyone in the West. Deep recruiting ties to the West Coast and Texas. Struggle will be year 1 with all the attrition, but for right now, they're still in the Big 12 for that year.

And after watching BV these 9 years and his competitive fire you think he'd just leave for the $$$, you're delusional.

I hope he stays, but OU is a top tier job. If he leaves I pull for the Sooners in the SEC. Great coach and has been a huge blessing here

Good point about Auburn and Bama shifting to the east!

Plus, Nicky Satan will be retiring soon enough! That is why Brian Kelly to LSU would be a smart move for him.

As far as BV - I know Oklahoma is a great destination. I get it!

But, as you said, BV has made a bunch of money already! Doesn't strike me as one who just blazes through his $$$$ either!
In short, it would take something more! Which is why I started this thread. Everybody wants to coach at their Alma-Matter and make it relevant! Maybe he could even take it to heights even Bill Snyder didn't. Oklahoma is already spit-shined and on the National Scene! KSU is not; which is why I could see BV wanting to take over and "bring it up to National Relevance"! That being is school and being a Kansas native and all!!!

BV wants to win

Nov 29, 2021, 11:05 PM

only question is does he really want to be a head coach? If he does, this is a pretty perfect fit. On good terms with AD and still friends with Stoops

Re: BV wants to win

Nov 29, 2021, 11:16 PM

striperfan said:

only question is does he really want to be a head coach? If he does, this is a pretty perfect fit. On good terms with AD and still friends with Stoops

Is he still friends with Stoops?

Stoops was the one that pretty much choose his brother over Brent Venables to lead the Oklahoma defense. Remember they were Co-Defensive Coordinators. But, Stoops basically called the plays during gameday! BV didn't care for it and got a good offer from an up and coming coach in the up state of South Carolina.
Stoops did that and now for the moment "he's back at Oklahoma"!

Oklahoma's world is about to get rocked! Unless they get to feast on SEC Least teams a bunch in a cross division deal - they will play some tough competition weekly.

K-State makes more sense - BV does want to win - but he wants to win doing it his way! Does he want to be a HC? I think the only place he would is: Clemson, Oklahoma or K-State! Oklahoma right now - with who they will have to recruit against won't be a good spot! I see them going the way of Nebraska in the Big 10 over in the SEC.

We'll see.

They've remained friends***

Nov 29, 2021, 11:18 PM

Re: They've remained friends***

Nov 29, 2021, 11:23 PM

Wow!

Stoops is only filling in for the bowl game; so I am told! Unless he catches the fever again and makes Brent a promise.

Remember all the noise Stoops talked about the SEC? The SEC folks couldn't stand him; because he was the 1st to call them out about their OOC scheduling. And call them out about how they get boosted because of other overly rated SEC teams(he is 100% correct on that too)!

Be a good opportunity for him to come back and show'em what it's all about Oklahoma style!

Just hope it's not with BV!!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,330
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic