Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big week for Clemson Basketball...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,650

Big week for Clemson Basketball...

Nov 28, 2021, 8:32 PM

Two road games, but really should win both. Again, the key word is "Should." Rutgers looks nothing like the team last season. They have lost to a couple of really bad teams including UMass yesterday and are now just 3-3. They lost a couple of key players in their rotation from last season but everyone else is back, but they really have a hard time scoring. They had to beat LeHigh in overtime.

Miami is getting blown out to Bama in the tourney in Orlando now on ESPNU. Their defense is awful from the games I have seen them in. Two very good guards who have been thorns in the Tigers side but they can't stop anyone.They have also lost to Central Florida at home and drilled by Dayton in the Orlando Tourney. They barely beat Canisius and Florida Atlantic at home.

We want to prove that they two loses in Charleston were just the flu bug running through the team, and playing two NCAAT teams very close proving that they are pretty good, but lose both and the Kempom and NET rating will dive bomb to a hole they probably won't be able to get out of. You need to at least win one, but both really is the goal to get this team on the right track.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big week for Clemson Basketball...

Nov 28, 2021, 8:37 PM

No doubt about it. This week is huge.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2021, 8:39 PM

Here is write up of what is wrong with Rutgers. Really head scratching they went this bad:

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/2021/11/what-is-wrong-with-rutgers-basketballs-offense-6-factors-in-horrid-start-to-what-started-as-promising-season.html

Nov 28, 2021, 8:44 PM

https://twitter.com/CanesHoops/status/1465129563202150400?s=20

Nov 28, 2021, 8:46 PM

If they are able to take down Rutgers and Miami, we should be hearing at least twice a week from Brownell. He should be pushing that this team is different, we have an offensive identity. We were struck by the flu, but are back with a vengeance. The Clemson fan base is going to be starving between the regular season and the bowl, he needs to go on offense for a change and capture the attention leading to that UofSC game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2021, 8:55 PM

But that is not in his makeup. It will be like we hope to play well, hope some fans can make it to the games, ect...

I heard an interview from the BYU basketball coach at halftime of one of the TV games today. They are off to a great start, and that guy is a real go getter. Great personality and excited about his team. Brad might be a decent coach but wish he had more of those skills.

We win both it is good, but lose both and the post season chances look bleak.

Nov 29, 2021, 12:42 AM

Yeah, you're right. That's the reason why fans don't care right now. With two then three wins and a concerted effort, I think Brad could whip the fan base into thinking he's going to stomp Frank Martin's ### into the grave and get people to care about basketball. I don't think he will, but there's hope, I guess.

Nov 29, 2021, 12:55 AM

In all honesty, it's also maybe the only game I will be able to get back to see in person and I want it to be EPIC. The springboard to bigger things in basketball.

I agree. That’s something Brad just doesn’t have.

Nov 29, 2021, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Big week for Clemson Basketball... ]

I think it’s something this program really needs, though.

It shouldn’t be totally up to the fans to initiate all the excitement…and then maybe the guy who gets paid $2.6 Million to run the program will decide to engage.
It shouldn’t have to work that way. But apparently that’s where we are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,650
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic