Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball: NSFWomen or Betas....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Basketball: NSFWomen or Betas....

Mar 21, 2023, 10:43 AM

Up to now, I've been nice. I've assumed that Clemson fans were in general more intelligent about their sports than the monkeys down in Coot-lumbia or over in the Oconee Dawg Pound. The presumption has been that either you were just not a real Basketball fan, or that your Dad had you playing Hockey when you were growing up (replace "Dad" with "Mom", and "Hockey" with "Soccer", if you want), or that you've just been distracted with kids for the last decade.

But now I'm just tired of this ####. Amanda Butler is a FAR EFFING SUPERIOR Coach than Brad Brownell, and we would be well served to have her run the the MBB Team. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Girls' sports - at all.

Butler picked up her program when they were the laughing stock of the conference. And she's only had 4-5 years to rebuild in a very nationally prominent conference. She's doing a very reasonable job, and we're lucky to have her.

Brownell, on the other hand, picked up a team that was well stocked and had been to the NCAA for 3 years' running. Brownell is an effing idiot, nothing less, and is poorly suited for the Head Coach position in every way. Those of you saying he's good at X's and O's wouldn't know an X from a doughnut or an O from a hand grenade. And for the turd who's claiming "lots of 1st seeds have been put out of the NCAA and NIT",

please effing tell me what other 1st seeded program got bounced by the #228 NET, and on their Home Court no less. So unlike Amanda, who is still playing in the WNIT, Bradley's sitting at home playing with himself.

So from now on I'm just going to assume everybody on here not actively denouncing the travesty of our MBB program is a complete and utter fool, just like their Coach. And I'll speak to you accordingly.

So yes, let Amanda Coach the MBB, and the rest of you can go effing b*tch about why your "other" team is getting relegated for the 3rd time in a decade from the Premier P*ss* League.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would not have written that..But I think he’s right.***

Mar 21, 2023, 12:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

jack, ye know me well...

Mar 21, 2023, 1:07 PM

perennially enslaved to a bad attitude and poor manners, but an even less attractive propensity for being more than routinely right.

Be well, my friend.

Re: Basketball: NSFWomen or Betas....

Mar 21, 2023, 12:21 PM

I simply quit watching about 4-5 years ago. Based on your post, I would suggest you give it a try. It has been quite refreshing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2023, 12:33 PM

They may need to step away for a while. But up until now they’ve been nice 🙄.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only ask you two because it would be interesting to hear -

Mar 21, 2023, 1:05 PM

did you have the same opinion about Ken Hatfield or Tommy West or Tommy Bowden or pray tell, if you were alive way back then and have the related wisdom now, Hootie Ingram?

If not, please tell me: at what point then did it become OK for grown people to institute a "good ol' boy" society in Clemson's Athletic Department, and abuse roughly $8 million a year to no end other than enriching self-same good ol' boys?

Seriously, I'd love to hear.

Re: I only ask you two because it would be interesting to hear -

Mar 21, 2023, 4:16 PM

Let me answer this in the way that I understand it to be asked.

I was only about 8 years old when Hatfield was the coach, so games didn't really hold my attention. West and Bowden were both hard to watch at times, but I kept watching/attending games when I could get a ticket. I try to schedule my Saturday's in the fall around kickoff as not to miss any of the game, can't say that I even look at the basketball schedule to be honest.

So no, I don't think it's "ok" to allow any employee to keep doing a poor job, especially one that makes $3M/year or whatever Brad makes. If I was as passionate about basketball as you seem to be, I would be bothered by it more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong

Mar 21, 2023, 12:21 PM

You are wrong.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morehead State says "not"

Mar 21, 2023, 12:59 PM

and the last time I saw them, they were laughing their Arse's off about it while standing on the Paw at mid-court in Littlejohn.

Poor COxford. Out of words and rationale.

Mar 21, 2023, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Wrong ]

Down to, "you're wrong" with no explanation. That's pathetic, COxford. You lunatic, you.

I'm just here for the comments.***

Mar 21, 2023, 12:25 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2023, 12:41 PM

No wonder your pulse is so deservedly low. Will this continuous whining and dropping of pacifiers never end. Basketball season is over. Brownell is coming back. You and your ilk need to get over it and just shut up.

I don’t care for basketball and don’t care who Clemson’s MBB coach is. But I am extremely tired of the scores of anti Brownell threads on this site on a daily basis. You whiny, spoiled babies need to get in your widdle cribs and take a nap. You can come back this time next year and start crying all over again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't read well do you -

Mar 21, 2023, 12:58 PM

basically the post was about "I no longer care what supposed Clemson "fans" think about the MBB team".

Why then, pray tell, would I care about my pulse score?

Take it this way: the lower my score goes, it's only reflecting my thoughts of the likes of you.

Yours is exactly the sort of post that should get you banned. You know, to join the ephemeral DSP in the metaphorical corner to contemplate life. You "don't care about Basketball", but then you're derisive to those that do. It literally takes 3 seconds for a functioning person to determine if a post is basketball or something else. In fact, I started mt title with the word "Basketball". Tell you what then, at whatever point you are unfortunate enough to go into hospice, make sure to tell the Nurses that I owe you an hour and a half. I'll be happy to oblige in whatever way possible.

Or better yet, connect with some of your Cobbox buddies on this site and tell them you want Clemson's $15M back for the crap we've had to endure for the last 7 years. You might just get more than an hour and a half worth of medical care out of $15M.

Oh, and please, please, return to me after this and say, "It's not what you said, but how you said it." We'll be friends forever, bank on it.

You kinda sound like you're whining. Just sayin'.***

Mar 21, 2023, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball: NSFWomen or Betas.... ]

Do me a favor, and tell that to Crump and BMeist...

Mar 21, 2023, 3:02 PM

they seem to think I've been inappropriately brutish.

I'm finding it hard to reconcile these positions, but at least they don't ban you for whining.

If that were the case, Judge Keller would be but a distant and not-well-missed memory.

Mar 21, 2023, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball: NSFWomen or Betas.... ]

Idk it seems pretty high to me...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will be the first to admit that my pulse is

Mar 21, 2023, 3:30 PM

in Brownell territory.

Both coaches are crap.

Mar 21, 2023, 1:29 PM

Mediocracy on full display.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DSP Scok alert! Suspected, but now confirmed, lol***

Mar 21, 2023, 1:31 PM

What’s a skoc?

Mar 21, 2023, 1:43 PM

Yo Mikey - real beta move posting on the wrong bored ya booger eatin’ moran

It's when people make fake accounts to troll the boreds.***

Mar 21, 2023, 3:12 PM

Beginning to tread into Stanley territory now***

Mar 21, 2023, 3:01 PM [ in reply to DSP Scok alert! Suspected, but now confirmed, lol*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOFL... you little TNET boys and your word games....

Mar 21, 2023, 3:03 PM

are we playing with our Easy Bake ovens this afternoon too?

Stanleysolidperfect***

Mar 21, 2023, 3:06 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol, indeed!!!***

Mar 21, 2023, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Beginning to tread into Stanley territory now*** ]

oh, you boys really got me there....

Mar 21, 2023, 3:13 PM

name calling is always the refuge of the pathetically dim-witted.

And so as I routinely tell the less fortunate, "Be blessed."

Where did I call you a name?

Mar 21, 2023, 3:42 PM

It's all for grins though anyway, right?

"DSP SCOK"....

Mar 21, 2023, 6:04 PM

same thing as "DSP", wouldn't you opine?

but then again, I don't expect you to accept the error of your ways.

Grow up .

Mar 21, 2023, 8:13 PM

Everybody knows it's you, ya blowhard.

What should I do then, let you look up my skirt? You wish...

Mar 22, 2023, 3:07 AM

not that'd see anything that you'd recognize.

So no, my little pumpkin, the DSP and I are decidedly not the same persona, even on those nights when he seems a bit bi-polar. You'll just have to come up with another tack in addressing me, or well,

just continue be wrong in this as you are in most everything else. Toodles.

You're right

Apr 1, 2023, 1:41 AM

olemike59, you sound a LOT less ghey than your main user, DSQ.

Don't think that would work so well

Mar 21, 2023, 1:39 PM

MBB and WBB are two separate sports entirely. The athletic difference is night and day - strategies that work for the women's game would never work for men and vice-versa.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're getting it, but missing it too....

Mar 21, 2023, 3:07 PM

I fully agree your premise. But I have to believe Butler's ability to Coach would allow her adjust over time, at least to some meaningful degree that would indeed improve our current standing.

As for Brownell, last I heard he was still trying to figure out what to do with KJ McDaniel leaving. Sad.... but true.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic