Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC MEETING AMELIA ISLAND FLORIDA
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,351

ACC MEETING AMELIA ISLAND FLORIDA

May 13, 2024, 1:32 PM

First of all, it is ironic that the ACC is meeting in Florida. The state in which a conference member is suing the ACC in Florida and the ACC sued FSU first in NC.

I have no idea as to what is on the official agenda to be discussed. However, I would be willing to bet that the GOR and the current and future ESPN contract is going to be brought up. Some school(s) are going to want to know why each school cannot have a copy of the media rights contract with ESPN w/o having to travel to Charlotte, N.C. to see it and why FSU and Clemson had to file a law suit to see it.

I think the schools are going to want to know if ESPN is going to renew the Media rights contract with the ACC beyond 2027 and why the ACC had not made this information available to all of the schools.

I would like to see FSU or Clemson call for a vote to dissolve the ACC conference. I would also like for some school to ask for a vote to terminate Jim Phillips' contract as ACC Commissioner. At this point, FSU and Clemson have nothing to lose by playing hardball. But I don't think these two things will happen but it would be the ideal time to make them happen.

I would, however, be willing to bet, if I was a betting person, that the GOR, and the ESPN contract will be brought up as well as the future of the ACC. Revenue sharing may be brought up. If these issues are not brought up, then you have a bunch of schools that are happy to be leaches and let a few schools generate all the money for them and it will show just how weak the ACC has always been.

We shall see what happens. And somebody needs to address the sorry officiating in the three major sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC MEETING AMELIA ISLAND FLORIDA

May 13, 2024, 1:46 PM

I actually think it won't be brought up due to the fact it is being litigated. I just think counsel on both sides will want their parties to stay clear of conversation that can be brought up on court.

Could be wrong....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOw can you terminate the contract of a man that was

May 14, 2024, 11:42 AM

so brilliant as to participate in the PAC12, ACC, BIG alliance. That's one for the ages.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The real meetings will take place in private homes, hotel rooms & luxury cars

May 14, 2024, 3:44 PM

Bars have too many ears. Disagree that Clemson should "go harsh" ...

I like how Clements, Neff and Clemson BOT are proceeding in a controlled and classy manner. This will be important as in these types of negotiations, allies can become enemies, and enemies can become allies in a hurry. In the long run, Disney/ESPN, Fox Sports, SEC, B1G, and I believe UNC will become factors in realignment battles.

Clemson should not discount UNC's attractiveness to networks and conferences due to school prestige, finances and academics. UNC BOT Chair and President may be asked at some stage if UNC could take 1 to 3 ACC teams with them to a new conference, who would they include, and who would they leave out, and why? UNC, through state legislators, may have a mandate to take NCSU with them. UNC may also be asked about Clemson, FSU, MIA and others.

Clemson's "negotiate strongly but keep it classy" approach, together with football strengths and burgeoning academics, will put the school in the most optimal position with B1G and SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,351
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic