Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
4 team play off is perferct and i get
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

4 team play off is perferct and i get

May 18, 2021, 10:02 PM

it was a matter of time before they expand it ..because years the rose bowl doesnt host a playoff game and what not basically have the granddaddy of them all be just another bowl wasnt going to cut it for long...but to add 32 teams is insane

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4 team play off is perferct and i get

May 18, 2021, 10:22 PM

4 is fine. It rewards excellence. Period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2021, 10:34 PM

Yeah but they have to add some their favorites in there even though they didn't earn it. You can expect UGA, ND, and Michigan to be there every time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2021, 3:04 AM

Auto-matic bid for them also USC & Texas as long as they don’t lose over 3 games if they expand to 10 or 8.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Expansion at some point

May 19, 2021, 6:37 AM

is a given....... it's about the $$$$

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

The bowls are dead...

May 19, 2021, 6:54 AM

This saves them, spreads more money and gives the games meaning. 'Participation' games don't work anymore.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2021, 8:09 AM

I think 8 would be much better, there are five power conferences and the winner of the conference could be rewarded with an automatic bid. That would give a deserving runner-up a shot, as well as an undefeated Non-power five team and/or independent . It’s only one more game and these whining non-power five teams would get their shot

I think 8 would be much better, there are five power conferences and the winner of the conference could be rewarded with an automatic bid. That would give a deserving runner-up a shot, as well as an undefeated Non-power five team and/or independent . It’s only one more game and these whining non-power five teams would get their shot

May 19, 2021, 8:23 AM

Remember that in our "woke" society today everyone must succeed. No Team should be better than another team. If so, then players should be reassigned to accomplished this goal. Has not happened yet but it's coming. The playoff will be expanded within a year or so to 8 teams, then to 32 teams, then to 64 teams. Its the American way. We must destroy a system to fix it, or so we are told. Don't strive for excellence but for equality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d like to see 8 conferences with 10 teams each

May 19, 2021, 8:37 AM

Every team plays everyone in their conference plus 3 out of conference.

Conference win % (and tie breakers) determines conf champs. The 8 champions go to a playoff.

The top 5 from each conference qualify for bowls. That’s it. So there are 20 non-playoff bowls for the “Big 8”. Maybe 8 or 10 other bowl games for non-“Big 8” teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2021, 8:42 AM

Well, it is perfect until you have a 2004 event. They had 5 undefeated teams. USC, Auburn, Oklahoma, Utah and Boise State. Auburn, Utah, and Boise were left out. USC had to vacate their Champ. That season helped push the playoff, but it is possible (but very rare) that you have 5+ undefeated teams and that will make the 4 team potentially problematic. Still, I think the 4 team set-up is working.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic