|Sammy Watkins injury update|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, August 30, 2014 8:19 AM||
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile appears be fine after re-injuring his ribs in Thursday night's preseason game against the Lions. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Watkins "should be good to go" for Week 1 of the NFL season.
Watkins took a shot to the chest while coming across the middle by Lions linebacker Ashlee Palmer. He immediately pointed to his chest and walked to the sidelines and then to the locker room. Watkins caught 0 passes during the game and had 0 pass targets by Manuel.
Bills head coach Doug Marrone decided to play Watkins so him and Manuel would have more time to gel together before the start of the season. He spoke to the media on Thursday about Watkins' injury: "Once the trainers cleared him to play, I was excited about it," Marrone said. "You never know. X-rays, tests, things like that. Shows up one day, doesn't show up the next day. Could be out, could be in. Depends on the player. Could be a week, could be four to six weeks, could be longer. I'm not getting into all of that."
Bills' quarterback E.J. Manuel has the following to say about Watkins' injury: "It was a tight throw. He just probably got a little banged up," Manuel said. "He'll be fine."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic
- Future non-conference football opponents for Clemson
- PHOTO: Construction on West EndZone and Oculus