|Sammy Watkins injury update|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-30 08:19:53.0-||
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile appears be fine after re-injuring his ribs in Thursday night's preseason game against the Lions. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Watkins "should be good to go" for Week 1 of the NFL season.
Watkins took a shot to the chest while coming across the middle by Lions linebacker Ashlee Palmer. He immediately pointed to his chest and walked to the sidelines and then to the locker room. Watkins caught 0 passes during the game and had 0 pass targets by Manuel.
Bills head coach Doug Marrone decided to play Watkins so him and Manuel would have more time to gel together before the start of the season. He spoke to the media on Thursday about Watkins' injury: "Once the trainers cleared him to play, I was excited about it," Marrone said. "You never know. X-rays, tests, things like that. Shows up one day, doesn't show up the next day. Could be out, could be in. Depends on the player. Could be a week, could be four to six weeks, could be longer. I'm not getting into all of that."
Bills' quarterback E.J. Manuel has the following to say about Watkins' injury: "It was a tight throw. He just probably got a little banged up," Manuel said. "He'll be fine."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade
- WATCH: Finebaum argues with an Alabama fan that Clemson is #1
- OSU QB on losing to Clemson: "I know what happened"
- WATCH: Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long warn Cowherd about Clemson fans
- Deshaun Watson will make his MTV debut
- Report: Browns are enamored with Deshaun Watson
- Senator wants new license plate to celebrate Clemson's title
- Three former Tigers headed to Super Bowl
- 14K pound National Championship rock to be donated to Swinney
- Watson ranked #1 in ESPN's 2016 Top 50