Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Random memory Part 2: Anyone remember a home
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 651

Random memory Part 2: Anyone remember a home

May 16, 2024, 9:09 AM

game vs Duke ( 90’s early 2000’s maybe) where the weather drastically changed from start of game to end? Temp dropped about 30 degrees if I recall correctly. What year was that?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For some reason I remember a UVa game in Death Valley

May 16, 2024, 9:34 AM

where it was sunny and cool to start the game, then it started raining. It quickly turned to snow by halftime. I was a grad student at the time. So, that would be 1989. I remember my parents and I left at halftime and went back to my apartment in Clemson to finish watching the game.

Or, at least, that is the memory I have, whether real or misremembered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Random memory Part 2: Anyone remember a home

May 16, 2024, 10:16 AM

Maybe 2001 when the duke game was played after the Carolina game because it was rescheduled from the week of 9/11? I think it was rainy early on, then turned cold and windy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats what I recall

May 16, 2024, 10:23 AM

Think thats tbe same game Woody Dantzler becase the first 2000/1000 yard QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No that game was unseasonably warm, it was almost 70...I remember because

May 16, 2024, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Random memory Part 2: Anyone remember a home ]

I went to that game worried about a repeat of the SF game that was also played in December in the Valley and that was the coldest game I have attended in Clemson...I got a sunburn at the Duke game instead

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Random memory Part 2: Anyone remember a home

May 16, 2024, 4:36 PM

I believe that would be November 11, 1995. My son and I came down to see family, deer hunt and watch the game. Froze my @$$ off at the game after getting wet, temps dropping and wind 25+ mph.

BTW, the Tigers won 34 - 17, my son got his first deer the Friday before the game, and all was good until the wreck in Kentucky on the way back to IL. Thank the Lord, no one was hurt.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 651
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic