|Wednesday night news and notes|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:06 PM||
- Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said the Tigers had a great day of practice on Wednesday. This particular week is worrisome for the Clemson coaches because there is a lot of free time with no school and the Thanksgiving holiday.
- On Thursday, the Tigers will have meetings and practice and then have a team Thanksgiving meal.
- Swinney said he is very encouraged by how they practiced and he is looking forward to another great day tomorrow.
- Swinney said there is a lot to be thankful for. “To be able to be at a place like Clemson and to coach a game I love. To be able to be around a great group of people like this staff we have and these players we have. It’s just fun to be around them every day. I thankful for this group of seniors that we had here. What a fun group to be around for these last four years. These guys have grown into mean. They really have. They are all going to have their degree here in a couple weeks. Everyone will be done. They are all going to be very successful after Clemson. I don’t have any doubt about it. Some will continue to play ball and others will move on to the next stage of life. I am thankful for them and their perseverance and the change they have brought to Clemson. Tomorrow is always a special day because it is their last regular season practice.”
- Tigers will be completely off from practice next week. The following week the Tigers will start back with weight lifting, running work, and “skills and drills”. The coaches, however, will be busy the next few weeks on the road recruiting.
- Swinney said he loves Senior Day [last home game in the Death Valley]. “It’s always an awesome time. To see the look in their eyes, to see them come down the Hill, to see their families out on that field and to see that you [the seniors] have seen it through.
- Swinney said the indoor practice facility is close to being completed. “We definitely when we start back with our running and lifting in another week or so will be inside. I got a chance to tour it today. I am going to tell you what. It’s spectacular. There cannot be a nicer indoor facility anywhere than what we got here. It’s incredible. They got the big jumbotron up in there and they have the Paw and Clemson and everything cut in and stitched in separately. It really is impressive to walk through.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||