|Clemson ranked among best college values by Kiplinger|
|Press Release - Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:20 AM||
CLEMSON — Kiplinger magazine has rated Clemson University among the best values in public higher education in its ranking of the "100 Best Values in Public Colleges" released Thursday.
Clemson's ranking — 34th for in-state students and 39th for out-of-state students — was based on a variety of factors that matched quality of education with cost. The university also was ranked 34thfor in-state students in last year’s rankings, and 36th for out-of-state students.”
To compile the rankings, Kiplinger compares data from nearly 600 public four-year schools, then narrows the list to about 130 based on measures of academic quality. Then the magazine ranks each school based on cost and financial aid. The magazine says quality accounts for 55 percent of each school’s rank and cost 45 percent.
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- Swinney: "I've already made a decision on Lakip"
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- Swinney discusses his relationship with Tommy Bowden
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Dabo on the added emphasis vs. South Carolina
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney "shakes it off" during ACC rapid fire questions
- Clemson ranked in Top 20 of ESPN's Preseason FPI