|Clemson AD asks fans to help bottom line by buying bowl tickets|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:42 AM||
In a letter from new Clemson AD Dan Radakovich which was posted to the Clemson official site on Tuesday, Radakovich details the cost of sending a team to a bowl game.
Bowl games today are much different than many years ago. To begin, each school is responsible for the sale of their allotment of tickets. In this year's case that is 18,000 for Clemson. We use approximately 3,000 tickets for players, coaches and staff, leaving approximately 15,000 for public sale. I know the Clemson fans will help us sell those tickets not only to support the team, but also to help our bottom line. Unsold tickets become a cost of the game. Other expenses for the Chick-fil-A bowl include transportation for the players, lodging and meals for seven nights at our team hotel - the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta; transportation, lodging and meals for the Tiger Band and spirit squads for three nights in Atlanta; contracted additional compensation for our coaches and relevant staff, additional supplies and equipment, advertising and pre-bowl practices.
After these expenses, Radakovich said it was likely the Tigers will go into the red on the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, and asks Tiger fans for their help.
In recent years, it has become increasingly likely that a school will spend more than the allocated budget, depending, of course, on the bowl and the costs associated with that game. As we look at this season's game, it is likely that we will spend more than the allocation given to us by the ACC. We will then dip into the June conference revenue share to zero out this event.
How can you help? Buy a ticket and attend the game...let's support our student-athletes and continue the great Clemson tradition of following the Tigers at Bowl time.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin