|Tyler Colvin signs 1-year contract|
|Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:32 AM-||
Former Clemson star, Tyler Colvin avoided arbitration over the weekend by signing a one-year contract with the Colorado Rockies.
A season ago, Colvin hit .290, belted 18 home runs and drove in 72 runs. He earned $481,000.
This year, Colvin will be paid $2,275,000. That’s a hefty 472 percent pay increase.
The Rockies are hoping Colvin can continue his development, as 2012 was a breakout year for the 27-year-old outfielder. On the season, Colvin posted career highs in almost every statistical category, including games played (136), at-bats (420), hits (122), batting average (.290), slugging percentage (.531), runs scored (62), doubles (27), triples (10) and RBI (72).
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson football players react to CCU's National title
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- Clemson donor gives $2.5 million to athletics
- Photo: Clemson's new Nike Mach Speed Uniforms
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title
- WATCH: Clemson Football Hype Video 2016
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll
- Watson would like to pick the brain of Lebron James
- Fox analyst has Clemson as #1 seed in 2016 CFB playoff