|Nikki Dixon wins ACC Player of the Week|
|Monday, January 13, 2014 3:11 PM-||
Clemson, S.C.—Junior wing Nikki Dixon has been named ACC Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, as announced by the league office on Monday. It is Dixon’s first player of the week honor of her career. She averaged 27.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3.0 steals and shot .545 from the floor in a 1-1 week for the Tigers
Dixon had two career games in four days. The junior from Alpharetta, GA amassed a then-career-high 26 points on 10-18 shooting against Georgia Tech before topping that effort with 29 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, her first career double-double, against Pittsburgh.
Dixon claims the first Player of the Week honor for the Women’s Basketball program since Maxienne White was honored on Dec. 19, 2005.
For the season, Dixon leads the Tigers, averaging 12.4 points per game and 23 steals. She is second on the team in assists with 39. In ACC play, she’s averaging 20.0 points, 6.3 rebounds, 6 steals, and shooting .526 from the floor. Dixon scored the 900th point of her career against the Panthers.
Clemson returns to action on Thursday at North Carolina.
- Spurrier admits that he pulls for Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Cowherd says Watson should refuse to play for Browns
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- Clemson Depth Chart released for Auburn