|Kyle Parker in running for MLB roster spot|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:26 AM||
Colorado Rockies manager Walt Weiss said Friday that former Clemson QB/OF Kyle ParkerKyle Parker
Outfielder (2008 - 2010)
#11 6-1, 200
View Full Profile has a chance to make the Opening Day roster with an impressive spring.
"Everyone is here to compete and try to play as best as they can," Parker said. "Any time you go up there, you want to succeed. I'll play as hard as I can and hopefully good things happen."
Parker has played the outfield corners, primarily left last year, but he did well enough in 18 games at first base to be considered a two-position player. The Rockies want to maximize his chances to swing the bat.
"It's a right-handed power bat -- not a lot of those running around, I mean legit power," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "So he's going to get the opportunity to play the outfield and play some first. Kyle has done a nice job. He's in a good place."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Ulric Jones apologizes to Watson, Clemson fanbase
- Game Times Announced for Clemson Football's First 3 Games
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds