|Kyle Parker in running for MLB roster spot|
|Assoc. Editor - Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:26 AM-||
Colorado Rockies manager Walt Weiss said Friday that former Clemson QB/OF Kyle ParkerKyle Parker
Outfielder (2008 - 2010)
#11 6-1, 200
View Full Profile has a chance to make the Opening Day roster with an impressive spring.
"Everyone is here to compete and try to play as best as they can," Parker said. "Any time you go up there, you want to succeed. I'll play as hard as I can and hopefully good things happen."
Parker has played the outfield corners, primarily left last year, but he did well enough in 18 games at first base to be considered a two-position player. The Rockies want to maximize his chances to swing the bat.
"It's a right-handed power bat -- not a lot of those running around, I mean legit power," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "So he's going to get the opportunity to play the outfield and play some first. Kyle has done a nice job. He's in a good place."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Brianna Rollins wins gold medal at 2016 Olympics
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson DE injured in moped accident
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Watson has $10 million insurance policy for career-ending injury
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- ESPN analyst says Kaaya is more NFL-ready QB than Watson
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover