|Kyle Parker in running for MLB roster spot|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:26 AM||
Kyle ParkerKyle Parker
Outfielder (2008 - 2010)
#11 6-1, 200
View Full Profile has a chance to make the Opening Day roster with an impressive spring.
"Everyone is here to compete and try to play as best as they can," Parker said. "Any time you go up there, you want to succeed. I'll play as hard as I can and hopefully good things happen."
Parker has played the outfield corners, primarily left last year, but he did well enough in 18 games at first base to be considered a two-position player. The Rockies want to maximize his chances to swing the bat.
"It's a right-handed power bat -- not a lot of those running around, I mean legit power," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "So he's going to get the opportunity to play the outfield and play some first. Kyle has done a nice job. He's in a good place."
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- WATCH: Beasley vs Clowney in 40-yard Dash
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Beasley runs fastest 40 time in DL Group
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Vic Beasley impressive on the Bench Press
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach