|Kyle Parker in running for MLB roster spot|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:26 AM||
Kyle ParkerKyle Parker
Outfielder (2008 - 2010)
#11 6-1, 200
View Full Profile has a chance to make the Opening Day roster with an impressive spring.
"Everyone is here to compete and try to play as best as they can," Parker said. "Any time you go up there, you want to succeed. I'll play as hard as I can and hopefully good things happen."
Parker has played the outfield corners, primarily left last year, but he did well enough in 18 games at first base to be considered a two-position player. The Rockies want to maximize his chances to swing the bat.
"It's a right-handed power bat -- not a lot of those running around, I mean legit power," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "So he's going to get the opportunity to play the outfield and play some first. Kyle has done a nice job. He's in a good place."
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Morris says he almost stayed at Clemson because of Deshaun Watson
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- Report: Former Clemson WR accepts job at App State
- WATCH: Swinney says "you ain’t seen nothing yet" in bowl trophy presentation
- Photo: 2015 Clemson football cleats
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Lawson listed as a 2015 CFB breakout candidate
- Watson listed on SI.com's Early Heisman Watch