|Clemson Takes on Miami Tuesday at Littlejohn|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, March 3, 2014 5:49 PM||
CLEMSON (18-10, 9-7 ACC) vs. MIAMI (15-14, 6-10 ACC)
Tipoff: Tuesday, March 4 (8 p.m.)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACC Network (Bob Rathbun-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
• Clemson is coming off a double overtime win over Maryland, its first over the Terrapins since the 2009-10 season.
• With the win over Maryland, Clemson reached nine ACC wins for only the ninth time in 61 seasons as a conference member.
• Clemson looks to break Miami’s three-game winning streak in the series; last season, the eventual ACC Champion Hurricanes escaped Littlejohn Coliseum with a 45-43 victory.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 11-9
Streak: Miami has won the last three meetings
• Clemson’s last win over Miami came in 2010-11; his Tigers swept the Hurricanes that season, winning 79-72 at home and 63-59 in Coral Gables.
• The Tigers are playing their second game in a two-day span, the third time this ACC regular season Clemson has played on one day’s preparation.
• The two head coaches, Brownell and Miami’s Jim Larrañaga, are old rivals from their days in the Colonial Athletic Association. Brownell coached UNC Wilmington to a pair of CAA titles, while Larrañaga is well known for taking his 2006 George Mason team to the Final Four.
• Clemson is in search of its 10th ACC win Tuesday, a feat that has been accomplished only three times in 61 seasons by the Tiger program.
• K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile posted his fifth “20 & 10” game of the season against Maryland, most by an ACC player this season and most by a Tiger since Sharrod FordSharrod Ford
#5 6-9, 223
View Full Profile also had five as a senior in 2004-05.
• McDaniels needs 21 to become the 14th player in Clemson history to score at least 500 points in a single season. K.C. Rivers (2007-08) was the most recent to do it.
• Youth 18 & under are eligible to purchase $5 tickets to the game.
• Clemson is celebrating Teacher Appreciation Day; all teachers and educators who present a valid ID can purchase $5 tickets for themselves and immediate family members.
• Quick Change is providing halftime entertainment Tuesday.
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"