|Boulware drafted by the Reds in the 16th round|
|Assoc. Editor - Saturday, June 7, 2014 2:16 PM-||
Clemson junior catcher Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile was selected by the Cincinnati Reds in the 16th round (#485th overall) of the 2014 MLB draft. He is the first Clemson player selected by the Reds since Jarrod Schmidt in 2002.
In 2014, Boulware batted .302 with 16 doubles, 4 hrs and 35 RBI's. He also had an .380 on-base % with a .427 slugging percentage.
Out of high school, he was drafted in the 42nd round (#1283 overall) by the San Diego Padres but decided to attend Clemson instead.
Best decision the @Reds have ever made. You won't regret it. So proud of you Gare Bear.— Ben Boulware (@benboulware7) June 7, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- Ben Boulware injury update
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Photo: SC uniforms for Clemson game
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner