|Boulware drafted by the Reds in the 16th round|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, June 7, 2014 2:16 PM||
Clemson junior catcher Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile was selected by the Cincinnati Reds in the 16th round (#485th overall) of the 2014 MLB draft. He is the first Clemson player selected by the Reds since Jarrod Schmidt in 2002.
In 2014, Boulware batted .302 with 16 doubles, 4 hrs and 35 RBI's. He also had an .380 on-base % with a .427 slugging percentage.
Out of high school, he was drafted in the 42nd round (#1283 overall) by the San Diego Padres but decided to attend Clemson instead.
Best decision the @Reds have ever made. You won't regret it. So proud of you Gare Bear.— Ben Boulware (@benboulware7) June 7, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Clemson SG posts on Twitter he will transfer
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Brownell on transfer of Patrick Rooks
- Williams' catches, Dye's running highlight Clemson practice
- K.J. McDaniels not getting minutes for Rockets
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room