|Boulware drafted by the Reds in the 16th round|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, June 7, 2014 2:16 PM||
Clemson junior catcher Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile was selected by the Cincinnati Reds in the 16th round (#485th overall) of the 2014 MLB draft. He is the first Clemson player selected by the Reds since Jarrod Schmidt in 2002.
In 2014, Boulware batted .302 with 16 doubles, 4 hrs and 35 RBI's. He also had an .380 on-base % with a .427 slugging percentage.
Out of high school, he was drafted in the 42nd round (#1283 overall) by the San Diego Padres but decided to attend Clemson instead.
Best decision the @Reds have ever made. You won't regret it. So proud of you Gare Bear.— Ben Boulware (@benboulware7) June 7, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab