|Boulware drafted by the Reds in the 16th round|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, June 7, 2014 2:16 PM||
Clemson junior catcher Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile was selected by the Cincinnati Reds in the 16th round (#485th overall) of the 2014 MLB draft. He is the first Clemson player selected by the Reds since Jarrod Schmidt in 2002.
In 2014, Boulware batted .302 with 16 doubles, 4 hrs and 35 RBI's. He also had an .380 on-base % with a .427 slugging percentage.
Out of high school, he was drafted in the 42nd round (#1283 overall) by the San Diego Padres but decided to attend Clemson instead.
Best decision the @Reds have ever made. You won't regret it. So proud of you Gare Bear.— Ben Boulware (@benboulware7) June 7, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover