|Boulware drafted by the Reds in the 16th round|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-06-07 14:16:01.0-||
Clemson junior catcher Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile was selected by the Cincinnati Reds in the 16th round (#485th overall) of the 2014 MLB draft. He is the first Clemson player selected by the Reds since Jarrod Schmidt in 2002.
In 2014, Boulware batted .302 with 16 doubles, 4 hrs and 35 RBI's. He also had an .380 on-base % with a .427 slugging percentage.
Out of high school, he was drafted in the 42nd round (#1283 overall) by the San Diego Padres but decided to attend Clemson instead.
Best decision the @Reds have ever made. You won't regret it. So proud of you Gare Bear.— Ben Boulware (@benboulware7) June 7, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- C.J. Spiller signs with AFC team
- Hopkins gives advice to Deshaun Watson
- Swinney: "We might have been America’s team for 24 hours"
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- WATCH: Jim Phillips calls Renfrow's game-winning TD
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo
- Clemson Tiger Paw at 2017 Daytona 500
- Photo: Billboard tribute for Bert Henderson
- Report: Bucs tender Adam Humphries
- WATCH: Deshaun Watson documentary "One Shot"