Quick Notes on Swinney's Louisville post-game presser
|2014-10-11 20:18:42.0- -||
- Coach Gene Stallings was here. Probably never invite him back.
- Overcame a lot of adversity and want to congratulate Louisville. That was two great defenses out there.
- Really proud of our team for never quitting and playing four quarters. The fact we have played people makes them very battle tested.
- The seniors in their career are 7-1 decided by a touchdown or less.
- Ben Boulware got his first start and he played lights out for us. He played lights out for us. Just played a great game.
- Jayron didn't quit. He went and got him down on the ground. Couldn't be more proud of our guys. Just a great way to win a football game.
- The last three weeks have been outstanding on special teams. Humphries had 107 return yards and a touchdown today.
- Lakip was 3-3 and kind of banked one in. I think he called bank on that one.
- Offensively it wasn't pretty but the final drive was. That was awesome to see because it was a struggle all day offensively.
- I can't say enough about Cole Stoudt. When Deshaun went out it seemed like everyone included our fans kind of got deflated.
- His exact words were I don't like it but I will continue to work till you need me. He didn't pout...none of that stuff. He is very supportive of Deshaun. He didn't take one snap at practice this week.
- He took a shot before the game for the AC separation and grinded it out.
- Happy to have the win. Very fortunate to have it.
- We have not won on the road yet...one thing we have not done. We will go to BC and try to find a way to win.
- Watson broke his finger on throwing hand...be out a few weeks. If was lineman, would play this week. Could be three weeks, could be four weeks.
- Hopefully we will get him back down the road maybe Georgia Tech.
- They really hadn't had a big game the whole game but right there at the end was poor technique.
- Ain't nothing wrong with winning on defense.
- 4th and inches, we got to make that. We dropped two touchdowns. We had been catching everything. You got to give them credit. That is a really good defense. They hadn't given up a TD in 16 quarters.
- Very impressed with them but the best defense on the field was Clemson.
- Poor job by me period...I can't let that happen on the end of the first half. He went Johhny Manziel on me right there...I wasn't happy with that. That could have cost us.
- Every ounce of every coach and player was left on the field out there tonight.
- 8 sacks in 6 games. That is 2 years for some good players. To have us win a game on defense with Michael Dean Perry and Brian Dawkins there...I know they had to be smiling.
- QB Nick Schuessler actually took every 2nd team snap during the week. Nick will get all the second team work and is very capable. He is very capable of going in and winning for us.
- Cole has to setup and maximize his opportunity and be the player we know he can be.
- Swinney said he didn't think Watson would have surgery. He could just have a cast.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||