Quick Notes on Dabo Swinney press conference
|2014-10-07 11:09:03.0- -||
The upcoming Clemson-Louisville contest will be played Saturday, 3:30 p.m. at Death Valley. The Game will be televised nationally by ESPNU.
- 200 tickets remain for the game (11:04 AM)
- Swinney said this game will be the breast cancer awareness game (Swinney wore pink shirt in presser).
- Louisville will be a big challenge and they are very confident. They have had a lot of success over the last few years.
- They have a lot of veteran players with the new coaching staff.
- They want to run the football. They going to force the issue. We have to do a great job at the point of attack.
- Heavy play action team out of the I formation.
- Their offensive line is the best that we have seen. They have four starters back. They flip their guys. LT will go to RT. LG will go to RG. Very impressed with their OL. Big, physical guy.
- Tight end is a very athletic guy.
- The receivers are very talented. They have good speed at the slot. The big question is if Parker will be back. He is a great wide out. We expect to him to be back this week. He is a big-time weapon at this point.
- QB: We have seen both guys on tape and freshmen is a good young talent. We expect to see both players play.
- #1 defensively last year and #1 defensively this year. They are top 10 in most categories. They are very salty, athletic guys. #55 is one of the top sackers for his career. #94 is another guy is very involved in pressuring the QB. They will move him around. They do an excellent job on creating some confusing from where the pressure is coming from.
- Very physical at safety.
- Big challenge for us. All 3 phrase challenge for us.
- I know everyone excited to have three games in a row at the Valley.
- Our guys had great energy last night at practice. We have to continue to improve and prepare the right way.
- We are a chinese fire drill on OL. It has forced us out of the comfort zone as a coaching staff. This is the most versatility we have had at offensive line. We're having to be creative with how we split our reps. Kalon Davis will make some money one day. He has played everywhere including on gameday.
- Reid Webster has played everywhere. Reid will be the second team center. Region has practiced some at center. Riggs will be in the mix in the future at Center. He can function there.
- Guillermo will be out for the game but will get Gore back.
- I really see us gelling as a group (OL).
- OL is the hardest position to play in football. Toughest position to play early from all the things you have to do. Your job depends on this guy and this guy. The whole package. Its the blitz pickups, structure of defense. Its not rocket science but it takes a while to get it together. Technique is a huge challenge.
- Crowder is right on schedule. Gonna be a great player. Maverick Morris is another guy that is progressing. I have been around very few great freshman lineman.
- Barry Richardson was physically gifted as a freshman. He was uncommon as a freshman.
- We got 4 lineman coming in next year.
- Our defense is playing with a lot of confidence. This is the most complete defense we have had in a long time. Not giving up the charity. We are becoming more discipline and consistent. We are excited to play. The leadership is good on that side of the ball. We are hard to run the ball on. If we can continue to be that way, good results hopefully.
- Todd Granthan is a true 3-4 defense. They will attack you.
- The change in him (Beasley) has been tremendous. He could play anywhere. He is a rare breed on the football field.
- Vic Beasley started out at tight end at Clemson and then moved to linebacker and it wasn't the right fit. From my prospective, he wasn't really fired up about special teams. I went to Hobby and asked would you take him at DE. So we made that move and it was a shocker to Beasley. He was 215 lbs at the time.
- Beasley is "dynamic." He plays at another level. He's is having a lot of fun. Off the field, he is one of the kindest people. Really proud of him for sticking with it and pushing through.
- On Carrier Dome in Syracuse: "It was loud up there last year..for a little while."
- Watson is a special guy and is a lot like Sammy (Watkins).
- Watson missed a couple of throws last week. He had some incompletions. We want to complete them all and make all the right checks.
- I would like for him to not hurdle people. He has tons of room for growth. We want him to continue to grow physcically (200lbs). I have no doubt he will get up to 215 next year. He's just having fun out there.
- Question on if Watson leaves for 2016 NFL draft: "Give him some time. He hasn't even passed freshman biology yet."
- Mike Williams is having fun and his confidence is sky-high through the roof. He is another one blossoming right in front of us.
- Proud of all the NFL guys. He gets updates from Clemson SID Tim Bourret on Sunday around dinner on NFL guys.
- Injury update - Cole is doing good. His left shoulder is getting better and he will be ready. Tony Steward is day to day. Trying to get the soreness out of the hamstring and hope get him ready for Saturday. He is really playing well and having a blast. Charone re-evaluating him and his ligaments are fine and he has some fluid and its something that is not triggered not by his knee. We are hopeful that he can cut it loose and be ready for Saturday. Hopefully it will not be inflamed again. He doesn't have any ligament problems. Joe Gore is back in meetings and doing well. We are hoping to see him sooner than later. Hopefully next week. Ben Boulware is doing well. We will hold him out of contact today and he looks really good. I am very hopeful for him as long as he doesn't have a setback. Tyshon Dye was back at practice and in green. It was good to see him yesterday. OJ. had surgery on Friday and went well.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||