|No. 24 Tigers Outlast Rebels 5-2 Monday|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, May 5, 2014 9:51 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Junior righthander Jake LongJake Long
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#39 5-10, 180
View Full Profile pitched 7.0 effective innings in No. 24 Clemson’s 5-2 victory over UNLV at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Monday night to sweep the two-game series.
Long (3-3) tossed 7.0 innings, the most in his brief career as a Tiger, to earn the win. He allowed six hits, two runs and three walks with two strikeouts. Drew MoyerDrew Moyer
Fr. RH Pitcher
#20 6-3, 205
View Full Profile pitched the ninth inning to record his second save of the season. Rebel starter Kenny Oakley (3-5) suffered the loss despite yielding only three hits in 6.1 innings pitched.
Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile’s base-loaded walk scored the first of two runs in the first inning for the Tigers (29-19). After UNLV (29-18) scored a run in the top of the third inning, Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile’s run-scoring double and Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile’s sacrifice fly gave Clemson a 4-1 lead in the bottom of the third inning. Boulware’s double in the seventh inning plated Krieger to up the Tigers’ lead to 5-2.
The Tigers host High Point on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Fans can get a Family Four Pack of tickets (two adults, two youth) for only $20 at ClemsonTigers.com or at the gate.
- Photo: Black Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Clemson SG posts on Twitter he will transfer
- Brownell on transfer of Patrick Rooks
- Williams' catches, Dye's running highlight Clemson practice
- New reward offered in Tucker Hipps case
- K.J. McDaniels not getting minutes for Rockets
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Report: Former Clemson DT to sign with Bears