|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Florida State|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers travel to Florida State for a Saturday to Monday series.
• Who - Clemson (29-5, 13-2 ACC) vs. Florida State (21-14, 7-8 ACC)
• Rankings - CU - No. 5 BA, No. 4 CB, No. 4 USA; FSU - No. 25 USA
• When - Saturday (6 p.m.), Sunday (2 p.m.), Monday (7 p.m.)
• Where - Tallahassee, Fla. (Dick Howser Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network (Saturday, Sunday), ESPNU (Monday)
• Video Announcers - Chip Baker (Sat., Sun.), Chris Burke (Mon.), Jason Leturmy (Sat.), Ariya Massoudi (Sun.), Anish Shroff (Mon.)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record - Florida State leads 72-66-1 (1958-16)
• Record at Florida State - Florida State leads 37-19-1 (1962-15)
• The Tigers, who have won six games in a row, defeated Charleston Southern 6-5 in 11 innings at home on Tuesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.4 runs per game and hitting .282 with a .391 on-base percentage and 36 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 2.71 ERA, .233 opponents’ batting average and 4.19 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .969.
FLORIDA STATE OVERVIEW
• Florida State is led by 38th-year head coach Mike Martin.
• The Seminoles fell at home against Florida 10-7 on Tuesday. They are hitting .261 and have a 3.82 ERA and .966 fielding percentage.
• Rhett Aplin is hitting .310 with six homers and 23 RBIs, while Quincy Nieporte is batting .296 with six homers and 41 RBIs.
• Clemson has had seven shutouts in 34 games. The 20.6 shutout percentage is fifth-best in a season in Tiger history.
• Clemson's bullpen has a 9-1 record, 2.30 ERA and .200 opponents' batting average in 2017.
• Clemson has followed its last four losses with at least five wins in a row (five, eight, nine, six (current)).
• Clemson has seven shutout victories in 2017, its highest total since recording eight shutout wins in 2013.
• The only other years Clemson had more shutout wins were 1977 (11), 1996 (10), 1980 (9), 1972 (8), 1991 (8), 1992 (8), 1995 (8) and 2013 (8).
• The shutout wins this season were against Elon (2), Notre Dame, Boston College (2), Furman and Georgia.
• The Tigers registered three shutout victories in a row from March 25-28 against Boston College (2) and Furman.
• It was the first time the Tigers had three shutout wins in a row since 1992 and the fourth time in school history.
• Six of the seven shutout wins have been combined efforts, while Alex Eubanks pitched a three-hit shutout at Boston College on March 25.
• The Tigers have had three games in which they allowed only unearned runs, meaning they have had 10 games of allowing no earned runs in 2017.