|ESPN take on Dane Rogers|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:50 PM||
Dane Rogers - DE
Height: 6-3 Weight: 245 Hometown: Shelby, NC (Crest HS) Class: 2013
|#32 DE, #14 NC, 81 Grade||#30 DE, #20 NC||#67 DE||#22 WDE, #19 NC, 88 Grade|
Rogers has solid height and good bulk with a nice wingspan for his size. He is listed as a defensive end, but depending on physical development could end up playing inside or at least can offer some ‘swing player’ potential. Like his future linemates, Rogers possesses a good initial burst off the ball. He may not bring to the table the same type of natural athleticism, but the four-star out of North Carolina does display good recognition skills and plays with a good motor. Those things combined allow him to play a little faster as a defender than he might test. He needs to continue to develop and be more consistent with technique, but flashes the tools to be a productive defender against the run. He might not offer the same type of pass rush ability/upside as Nkemdiche or Daniel, but Rogers can pressure the quarterback and could be a player who develops into a good ‘nickel rusher’ in that group.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- 5-star DB: "I love Clemson with all my heart", commits to LSU
- 5-star DB target to announce on ESPN a top five "with a surprise"
- ESPN compares Clemson QB commit to Marcus Mariota
- Clemson offers 3-star Athlete
- Clemson offers 4-star athlete
- Clemson offers 2017 Georgia CB
- WATCH: Tavien Feaster Junior Highlights