|Georgia AD talks Clemson-Georgia|
|Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:15 PM-||
On Monday, Dan Wolken, national college football writer for USA TODAY sports, said Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told him that the UGA game to begin the 2013 season could be moved to Monday. According to the AJC, Georgia's AD said there has been no discussion of this with the Bulldogs to date.
“That’s not an option, even if it was an option[Monday game],” McGarity[Georgia AD] said. “There’s been no discussion about that at all.”
Now a more realistic possibility, for Georgia at least, would be moving the Clemson game to an earlier date, say Thursday, Aug. 29, or Friday the 30th. The Bulldogs would then get the benefit of having the college football world’s undivided attention while also enjoying an extra day or two of preparation for the Gamecocks.
“I think that would make much more sense,” McGarity said.
But again, there has been no such discussion and, as the visitors, it wouldn’t be UGA’s place to initiate it.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Chad Morris on Dabo, texting and dancing
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- Doeren tries to clarify his comments on knocking Gallman out of the game