|Georgia AD talks Clemson-Georgia|
|Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:15 PM-||
On Monday, Dan Wolken, national college football writer for USA TODAY sports, said Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told him that the UGA game to begin the 2013 season could be moved to Monday. According to the AJC, Georgia's AD said there has been no discussion of this with the Bulldogs to date.
“That’s not an option, even if it was an option[Monday game],” McGarity[Georgia AD] said. “There’s been no discussion about that at all.”
Now a more realistic possibility, for Georgia at least, would be moving the Clemson game to an earlier date, say Thursday, Aug. 29, or Friday the 30th. The Bulldogs would then get the benefit of having the college football world’s undivided attention while also enjoying an extra day or two of preparation for the Gamecocks.
“I think that would make much more sense,” McGarity said.
But again, there has been no such discussion and, as the visitors, it wouldn’t be UGA’s place to initiate it.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll