|Georgia AD talks Clemson-Georgia|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:15 PM||
On Monday, Dan Wolken, national college football writer for USA TODAY sports, said Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told him that the UGA game to begin the 2013 season could be moved to Monday. According to the AJC, Georgia's AD said there has been no discussion of this with the Bulldogs to date.
“That’s not an option, even if it was an option[Monday game],” McGarity[Georgia AD] said. “There’s been no discussion about that at all.”
Now a more realistic possibility, for Georgia at least, would be moving the Clemson game to an earlier date, say Thursday, Aug. 29, or Friday the 30th. The Bulldogs would then get the benefit of having the college football world’s undivided attention while also enjoying an extra day or two of preparation for the Gamecocks.
“I think that would make much more sense,” McGarity said.
But again, there has been no such discussion and, as the visitors, it wouldn’t be UGA’s place to initiate it.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson ranked in Top 15 in Preseason AP Poll
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Radakovich discusses idea of selling Beer at Clemson games
- Photos: Inside Clemson's Oculus
- Clemson DB breaks a bone in his hand
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Swinney says Peake fastest Clemson WR since Jacoby Ford