|Georgia AD talks Clemson-Georgia|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:15 PM||
On Monday, Dan Wolken, national college football writer for USA TODAY sports, said Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told him that the UGA game to begin the 2013 season could be moved to Monday. According to the AJC, Georgia's AD said there has been no discussion of this with the Bulldogs to date.
“That’s not an option, even if it was an option[Monday game],” McGarity[Georgia AD] said. “There’s been no discussion about that at all.”
Now a more realistic possibility, for Georgia at least, would be moving the Clemson game to an earlier date, say Thursday, Aug. 29, or Friday the 30th. The Bulldogs would then get the benefit of having the college football world’s undivided attention while also enjoying an extra day or two of preparation for the Gamecocks.
“I think that would make much more sense,” McGarity said.
But again, there has been no such discussion and, as the visitors, it wouldn’t be UGA’s place to initiate it.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Details on Lakip's arrest
- Lakip charged with cocaine possession, DUI
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 of ESPN's Future Power Rankings
- Vegas odds on Clemson 2015 season
- WATCH: National TV Commercial for Clemson
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 for Gameday Experience
- David Wilkins discusses Confederate flag issue