|Georgia AD talks Clemson-Georgia|
|Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:15 PM-||
On Monday, Dan Wolken, national college football writer for USA TODAY sports, said Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told him that the UGA game to begin the 2013 season could be moved to Monday. According to the AJC, Georgia's AD said there has been no discussion of this with the Bulldogs to date.
“That’s not an option, even if it was an option[Monday game],” McGarity[Georgia AD] said. “There’s been no discussion about that at all.”
Now a more realistic possibility, for Georgia at least, would be moving the Clemson game to an earlier date, say Thursday, Aug. 29, or Friday the 30th. The Bulldogs would then get the benefit of having the college football world’s undivided attention while also enjoying an extra day or two of preparation for the Gamecocks.
“I think that would make much more sense,” McGarity said.
But again, there has been no such discussion and, as the visitors, it wouldn’t be UGA’s place to initiate it.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- Spurrier leaves funny voicemail for Dabo Swinney
- Swinney rules out two players for Louisville game
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville
- WATCH: Trump and Clinton discuss Clemson-Louisville
- Brianna Rollins will run down the Hill on Saturday
- Herbstreit on Clemson: "We love coming here"