|Swinney thought Hopkins needed another year at Clemson|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, January 11, 2013 2:36 PM||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said at his season wrap up press conference on Friday that he thought DeAndre HopkinsDeAndre Hopkins
#6 6-2, 205
View Full Profile needed another year at Clemson. Swinney believes unless you are a 1st rounder it's not worth giving up your senior year and Hopkins received "as high as second round grade from the NFL". Swinney said it was not a matter of whether he thinks Hopkins can be successful in the NFL.
"I personally think he will not be just a good pro but a great pro," said Swinney. "I think he has the potential to play a long time."
Swinney said it will be tough for Hopkins to be a first round pick this year, but he would take him in the first round if he could.
"I know I am biased but I am taking Nuk Hopkins because of the things I know about him," said Swinney.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story