|Brownell hopes Clemson fans support young team over next few weeks|
|by David Hood - Senior Writer - Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:55 PM||
Clemson head coach Brad Brownell’s basketball team takes on Purdue Wednesday night in Littlejohn Coliseum, and Brownell said he hopes Clemson fans get behind their basketball team now that football season is over.
Brownell was asked Tuesday if he felt a different vibe surrounding the basketball team now that the football team’s regular season is over, and he said he would find out Wednesday.
”I don’t know. I am waiting to see on Wednesday to be honest with you,” Brownell said during team interviews at Littlejohn Coliseum. “I am anxious to see what kind of crowd we have on Wednesday. I know everybody around town is a little down. We’re down. We’re disappointed. We watched and cheered as hard as we could from Florida.”
Brownell said he hopes Clemson fans can support the basketball program the way they support the football program.
”I am hopeful that people are now ready to get behind our basketball team,” he said. “We are in a high major league and playing very good teams. We need help. This team is playing hard enough and competes well enough that I think they are exciting enough to watch. I am really interested to see how we are supported here in the next couple of weeks.”
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- WATCH: Beasley vs Clowney in 40-yard Dash
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Beasley runs fastest 40 time in DL Group
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Vic Beasley impressive on the Bench Press
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach