|Brownell hopes Clemson fans support young team over next few weeks|
|by David Hood - Senior Writer - Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:55 PM||
Clemson head coach Brad Brownell’s basketball team takes on Purdue Wednesday night in Littlejohn Coliseum, and Brownell said he hopes Clemson fans get behind their basketball team now that football season is over.
Brownell was asked Tuesday if he felt a different vibe surrounding the basketball team now that the football team’s regular season is over, and he said he would find out Wednesday.
”I don’t know. I am waiting to see on Wednesday to be honest with you,” Brownell said during team interviews at Littlejohn Coliseum. “I am anxious to see what kind of crowd we have on Wednesday. I know everybody around town is a little down. We’re down. We’re disappointed. We watched and cheered as hard as we could from Florida.”
Brownell said he hopes Clemson fans can support the basketball program the way they support the football program.
”I am hopeful that people are now ready to get behind our basketball team,” he said. “We are in a high major league and playing very good teams. We need help. This team is playing hard enough and competes well enough that I think they are exciting enough to watch. I am really interested to see how we are supported here in the next couple of weeks.”
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Details on Lakip's arrest
- Lakip charged with cocaine possession, DUI
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 of ESPN's Future Power Rankings
- Vegas odds on Clemson 2015 season
- WATCH: National TV Commercial for Clemson
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 for Gameday Experience
- David Wilkins discusses Confederate flag issue