TigerNet is the oldest and largest Clemson Community online with 130k members and 20M forum posts.
|Phil Steele's Clemson-SCar prediction|
|Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:19 PM-||
CU was on a 10-2 run in this series but SC has won 3 in a row. Last year SC was at home and had an advantage with CU having the ACC Title game on deck. SC got its third straight win in the rivalry for the first time since 1968-70. SC dominated with a 450-153 yd edge and won 34-13. There may be no hotter team in the country right now, especially on offense, than the Tigers who come in winners of 7 consecutive games after their 62-48 win over NC State. The Tigers did fall behind 24-13 before scoring 42 straight points and have scored at least 37 points in 10 straight games. QB Boyd threw for 5 td’s and ran for 3 more as he set an ACC record while the Tigers ran a school record 102 plays for 754 yards. Last week South Carolina again struggled vs an option team (struggle against that offense every year under Spurrier) and only beat Wofford 24-7 as it was just 7-7 entering the 4Q. On the road SC is getting outgained by 22 ypg and was dominated in games vs LSU and Florida. If you’ve been keeping track of their quotes, there certainly is no love lost between HC Spurrier and Swinney but this time Swinney and the Tigers get bragging rights as they stake their claim for a Sugar Bowl berth with their best season since ‘81.
PHIL’S FORECAST: CLEMSON 44 SOUTH CAROLINA 30
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- Spurrier leaves funny voicemail for Dabo Swinney
- Swinney rules out two players for Louisville game
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville
- WATCH: Trump and Clinton discuss Clemson-Louisville
- Brianna Rollins will run down the Hill on Saturday
- Herbstreit on Clemson: "We love coming here"