|ESPN: Clemson embracing home-field advantage|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:05 PM||
It seems as if every time Clemson takes the field in recent weeks it has set a record, and this week should be no different if the Tigers can beat an injury-laden Maryland team as many expect it to.
Clemson can set the school record for consecutive wins in Memorial Stadium with a win over the Terps on Saturday. Clemson has won 11 in a row at home, tying the school record for wins in Death Valley set between 1989-91.
Danny Ford and Ken Hatfield combined to win 11 straight home games between Oct. 21, 1989 and Sept. 28, 1991. The streak was stopped with a 20-20 tie against Virginia on October 12, 1991. Clemson went on to win the ACC championship that year. That is the only other time Clemson has won 11 in a row at Memorial Stadium, dating back to the 1942 season.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab