|ESPN: Clemson embracing home-field advantage|
|Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:05 PM-||
From Heather Dinich of ESPN:
It seems as if every time Clemson takes the field in recent weeks it has set a record, and this week should be no different if the Tigers can beat an injury-laden Maryland team as many expect it to.
Clemson can set the school record for consecutive wins in Memorial Stadium with a win over the Terps on Saturday. Clemson has won 11 in a row at home, tying the school record for wins in Death Valley set between 1989-91.
Danny Ford and Ken Hatfield combined to win 11 straight home games between Oct. 21, 1989 and Sept. 28, 1991. The streak was stopped with a 20-20 tie against Virginia on October 12, 1991. Clemson went on to win the ACC championship that year. That is the only other time Clemson has won 11 in a row at Memorial Stadium, dating back to the 1942 season.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect