|ESPN: Clemson embracing home-field advantage|
|Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:05 PM-||
From Heather Dinich of ESPN:
It seems as if every time Clemson takes the field in recent weeks it has set a record, and this week should be no different if the Tigers can beat an injury-laden Maryland team as many expect it to.
Clemson can set the school record for consecutive wins in Memorial Stadium with a win over the Terps on Saturday. Clemson has won 11 in a row at home, tying the school record for wins in Death Valley set between 1989-91.
Danny Ford and Ken Hatfield combined to win 11 straight home games between Oct. 21, 1989 and Sept. 28, 1991. The streak was stopped with a 20-20 tie against Virginia on October 12, 1991. Clemson went on to win the ACC championship that year. That is the only other time Clemson has won 11 in a row at Memorial Stadium, dating back to the 1942 season.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- WATCH: Analyst says Watson is NOT a Top 5 QB for 2017 NFL Draft
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball
- Clemson earns 6th seed in 2016 ACC Baseball Championship
- Former Clemson safety signs contract with Colts
- Bender returns to Clemson
- Former Valparaiso forward will transfer to Clemson