|Baseball America's Recruiting Rankings|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:01 PM||
Vandy’s 2012 class features a blend of front-line power righthanders, athletic position players and power bats. Righty Walker Buehler, the nation’s top-ranked freshman, leads a group of six Vanderbilt recruits who ranked among the pre-draft BA 500—most of any recruiting class in the nation. Righty Carson Fulmer, outfielder Rhett Wiseman and shortstop Dansby Swanson joined Buehler as Top 200 prospects for the 2012 draft.
UCLA brought in the No. 2 class, its sixth Top 25 class in the last seven years. Georgia, Alabama and North Carolina round out the top five.
UC Santa Barbara, under second-year coach Andrew Checketts, landed in the recruiting class rankings for the first time ever, checking in at No. 12. The Gauchos were the sole newcomer to the rankings.
The newly expanded Southeastern Conference produced three of the top five classes, four of the top 10 and a whopping 12 of the Top 25, the most ever for a conference. The SEC led all conferences the past two years with eight teams in the Top 25 each season.
Four-year transfers were not considered for BA's rankings, except graduate transfers who are immediately eligible.
For breakdowns on the top 25 classes, plus a look at some of the best classes by region outside the top 25, visit www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/recruiting.
2012 RECRUITING CLASS RANKINGS
5. North Carolina
8. Arizona State
11. Texas Christian
12. UC Santa Barbara
14. Louisiana State
15. Texas A&M
16. South Carolina
17. Fresno State
19. Southern California
23. Cal State Fullerton
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Watson listed on SI.com's Early Heisman Watch
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec