|Hopkins named to Midseason All-America Team|
|by TigerNet Staff - Monday, October 15, 2012 1:59 PM||
Hopkins was joined by Stedman Bailey of West Virginia and Marquise Lee at the wide receiver position.
Hopkins has 49 receptions for 777 yards and eight touchdowns through six games. He is seventh in the nation in receptions per game, third in the nation in reception yards per game and third in total touchdown receptions. He is on pace to establish Clemson records in all three areas.
Hopkins is second in Clemson history in career receptions with 173, third in touchdown receptions with 17 and fifth in reception yards with 2392.
Hopkins quarterback, Tajh Boyd, was named the midseason ACC Player of the Year by CBSSports.com. Boyd leads the ACC in total offense and ranks 11th in the nation with 328 yards per game. He is 19th in passing efficiency and he has thrown 14 touchdown passes. He had 460 yards of total offense and 397 yards passing in his most recent outing, a 47-31 win over Georgia Tech on October 6.
Hopkins and Boyd were two of seven Clemson players on the midseason All-ACC team. They were joined by starting center Dalton Freeman, running back Andre Ellington , tight end Brandon Ford, safety Rashard Hall and kicker Chandler Catanzaro.
Clemson is 5-1 and ranked 13th by USA Today and 14th by Associated Press. The Tigers begin the second half of the schedule against Virginia Tech this coming Saturday at noon at Memorial Stadium.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- WATCH: Clemson Hype Video - The Locker Room
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- Report: Patriots almost signed C.J. Spiller
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play