|ACC Heisman Watch: Week 5|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:57 AM||
1. EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State.
2. Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS Jr. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile, QB, Clemson. Boyd was on the losing end of that game in Tallahassee, but he is still a player to keep an eye on as the season progresses. For one, Clemson still is nationally ranked and a team with a tremendous amount of talent. For another, Boyd did have some really nice plays against the Seminoles and led this team to a 28-14 lead into the third quarter. He finished with 237 yards passing, three touchdowns and a very costly interception in the second half, and I wouldn't completely count him out just yet. Boyd has 984 yards passing, nine touchdowns and two interceptions on the season.
3. Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
So. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile, WR, Clemson. The same goes for Watkins, who had a handful of dazzling plays against Florida State -- but not enough to make a difference in the game. Florida State did an exceptional job shutting him down in the pass game, as his six receptions went for only 24 yards. His best play was his 52-yard touchdown throw to Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
RS Sr. Running Back
#23 5-10, 195
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile. If Watkins is to truly remain a part of the Heisman conversation, he needs bigger games from here on out.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"