|ESPN talks QB Tajh Boyd|
According to Blue Ribbon via ESPN:
Boyd, a redshirt sophomore and the heir apparent, possesses the requisite work ethic and leadership qualities, which have gone a long way to earning him the locker room credibility his predecessor -- right or wrong -- seemed to lack.
But translating tools and intangibles into on-field production remains the test.
It's probably not an overstatement to suggest Clemson's offensive fate hinges on Boyd, a once-decorated recruit who still wasn't given the starting nod late last year despite having many reasons to do so.
Boyd owns a strong arm and, while he won't be mistaken for Morris' version of Cam Newton, has shed weight and improved his conditioning to the point he should be a viable running threat in the various read-option packages.
To date, though, Boyd -- more of a pro-style passer than dual-threat quarterback -- has only looked comfortable in two-minute situations where he has been able to chuck it around in rhythm and stands to gain more than lose with risky decisions. "That's one of the things we're continuing to work on," Morris said. "And that's an everyday experience. … That's just getting comfortable. It's gotten so much better from where it was."
Morris sent Boyd into the off-season hoping for substantial strides in both his footwork and too-frequent tendencies to put the ball in jeopardy. Boyd's inaccurate spring game showing then illuminated how far he perhaps still has to go.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars