Steward looking forward to playing FSU
Height: 6-2 Weight: 225 Hometown: St. Augustine, FL (Pedro Menendez HS) Class: 2011
Five star linebacker Tony Steward said right after signing with Clemson he is looking forward to playing FSU next fall.
“I have no idea [what it will be like],” he told MaxPreps. “I feel pretty good, though. I think it’ll be good.”
“I think of them (the Seminoles) still as my favorite college team. Even though I committed to Clemson, I‘m still a Seminole at heart,” Steward said. “They’re such good people, they recruited me the right way, they did everything the right way.
“It just came down to Clemson.”
“It was God,” Steward said. “He led me to this decision. I’m still going to leave everything in His hands and live by His word.”
Steward said the hardest part was telling his mother he wanted to go to Clemson.
“It was tough. I almost felt like I shouldn’t tell her,” Steward said. “She supports me. I felt like I did the right thing.”
View more information on this prospect: TigerNet's Tony Steward Recruiting Profile
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Xavier Thomas responds to decommitment rumors
- Xavier Thomas takes jab at South Carolina
- WATCH: 5-star commit Trevor Lawrence featured on NFL Network
- Father of Xavier Thomas details his son's recruitment
- WATCH: Exclusive interview with 5-star Jackson Carman
- Clemson commit highlights: Kendrick named among ‘best’ prospects