|Who will be the ACC Defensive Player of the Year?|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:08 AM-||
ESPN's Matt Fortuna has released his top 4 ACC players that might win the upcoming defensive player of the year for the conference. The following players were included Vic BeasleyVic Beasley
RS Sr. Defensive End
#3 6-3, 225
View Full Profile, Mario Edwards Jr., Denzel Perryman and Anthony Harris.
Beasley's return for his fifth and final season at Clemson gives the Tigers a huge boost going into 2014, as they tout one of the best defensive lines in the country. That, of course, should lead to plenty of opportunities for Beasley, who last season notched 13 sacks, another 12 quarterback hurries, 23 tackles for loss, six pass break-ups, four forced fumbles and a fumble return for a touchdown. Numbers similar to those of his All-America campaign in 2013 will have him in the running for the award this fall.
Fans can go vote here in the ESPN SportsNation Poll
Beasley is currently in second place in the ESPN SportsNation Poll at 30% of the votes.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- Former Clemson player makes MLB debut
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more
- ESPN announces new commentators for Thursday and Friday College Football; David Pollack re-signs