|Whitehurst fools everyone with internet hoax|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:47 AM-||
It was reported last week (including Tigernet.com) that former Clemson QB Charlie WhitehurstCharlie Whitehurst
Quarterback (2002 - 2005)
#6 6-4, 225
View Full Profile had lost an arm wrestling match against Titans' punter Brett Kern for the right to wear the #6 jersey for their team.
But it was all just a funny prank played by Whitehurst via his instagram account.
Ole Charlie got the national media pretty good making NFL.com, CBSSports.com, Yahoo.com, FoxSports.com, BleacherReport.com, SI.com, USAToday.com, DeadSpin.com and other websites to falsely report on his arm wrestling hoax.
Whitehurst admitted earlier in the week that the arm wrestling match never took place: “It all happened so fast. I don’t remember what motivated me to do it, but I think it was kind of like, ‘Hey, this looks pretty good,’” Whitehurst said, via the Tennessean. “It was a 30-second thought. I didn’t think anybody took me that serious.”
However, he did switch (without an arm-wrestling match) to the Titans' #12 jersey.
Just for kicks, here is an old school video of 'Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan' arm wrestling.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- Venables named nation's top recruiter
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party