|Whitehurst fools everyone with internet hoax|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:47 AM-||
It was reported last week (including Tigernet.com) that former Clemson QB Charlie WhitehurstCharlie Whitehurst
Quarterback (2002 - 2005)
#6 6-4, 225
View Full Profile had lost an arm wrestling match against Titans' punter Brett Kern for the right to wear the #6 jersey for their team.
But it was all just a funny prank played by Whitehurst via his instagram account.
Ole Charlie got the national media pretty good making NFL.com, CBSSports.com, Yahoo.com, FoxSports.com, BleacherReport.com, SI.com, USAToday.com, DeadSpin.com and other websites to falsely report on his arm wrestling hoax.
Whitehurst admitted earlier in the week that the arm wrestling match never took place: “It all happened so fast. I don’t remember what motivated me to do it, but I think it was kind of like, ‘Hey, this looks pretty good,’” Whitehurst said, via the Tennessean. “It was a 30-second thought. I didn’t think anybody took me that serious.”
However, he did switch (without an arm-wrestling match) to the Titans' #12 jersey.
Just for kicks, here is an old school video of 'Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan' arm wrestling.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney updates the injury status of Gallman, Renfrow
- Game time announced for Clemson-FSU
- Wayne Gallman injury update
- Clemson drops in latest AP Poll
- WATCH: The Tigers does viral dance "JuJu on Dat Beat"
- Louisville fans upset about referee at Clemson-UL
- Swinney updates injury status of Gallman and others
- Swinney updates Gallman's status for FSU
- Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
- WATCH: Clemson's locker room celebration after OT win