|Whitehurst fools everyone with internet hoax|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:47 AM||
It was reported last week (including Tigernet.com) that former Clemson QB Charlie WhitehurstCharlie Whitehurst
Quarterback (2002 - 2005)
#6 6-4, 225
View Full Profile had lost an arm wrestling match against Titans' punter Brett Kern for the right to wear the #6 jersey for their team.
But it was all just a funny prank played by Whitehurst via his instagram account.
Ole Charlie got the national media pretty good making NFL.com, CBSSports.com, Yahoo.com, FoxSports.com, BleacherReport.com, SI.com, USAToday.com, DeadSpin.com and other websites to falsely report on his arm wrestling hoax.
Whitehurst admitted earlier in the week that the arm wrestling match never took place: “It all happened so fast. I don’t remember what motivated me to do it, but I think it was kind of like, ‘Hey, this looks pretty good,’” Whitehurst said, via the Tennessean. “It was a 30-second thought. I didn’t think anybody took me that serious.”
However, he did switch (without an arm-wrestling match) to the Titans' #12 jersey.
Just for kicks, here is an old school video of 'Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan' arm wrestling.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"