|Whitehurst fools everyone with internet hoax|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:47 AM||
It was reported last week (including Tigernet.com) that former Clemson QB Charlie WhitehurstCharlie Whitehurst
Quarterback (2002 - 2005)
#6 6-4, 225
View Full Profile had lost an arm wrestling match against Titans' punter Brett Kern for the right to wear the #6 jersey for their team.
But it was all just a funny prank played by Whitehurst via his instagram account.
Ole Charlie got the national media pretty good making NFL.com, CBSSports.com, Yahoo.com, FoxSports.com, BleacherReport.com, SI.com, USAToday.com, DeadSpin.com and other websites to falsely report on his arm wrestling hoax.
Whitehurst admitted earlier in the week that the arm wrestling match never took place: “It all happened so fast. I don’t remember what motivated me to do it, but I think it was kind of like, ‘Hey, this looks pretty good,’” Whitehurst said, via the Tennessean. “It was a 30-second thought. I didn’t think anybody took me that serious.”
However, he did switch (without an arm-wrestling match) to the Titans' #12 jersey.
Just for kicks, here is an old school video of 'Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan' arm wrestling.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson ranked in Top 15 in Preseason AP Poll
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man
- WATCH: Jaron Brown makes ridiculous catch against Chargers