|Whitehurst fools everyone with internet hoax|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:47 AM||
It was reported last week (including Tigernet.com) that former Clemson QB Charlie WhitehurstCharlie Whitehurst
Quarterback (2002 - 2005)
#6 6-4, 225
View Full Profile had lost an arm wrestling match against Titans' punter Brett Kern for the right to wear the #6 jersey for their team.
But it was all just a funny prank played by Whitehurst via his instagram account.
Ole Charlie got the national media pretty good making NFL.com, CBSSports.com, Yahoo.com, FoxSports.com, BleacherReport.com, SI.com, USAToday.com, DeadSpin.com and other websites to falsely report on his arm wrestling hoax.
Whitehurst admitted earlier in the week that the arm wrestling match never took place: “It all happened so fast. I don’t remember what motivated me to do it, but I think it was kind of like, ‘Hey, this looks pretty good,’” Whitehurst said, via the Tennessean. “It was a 30-second thought. I didn’t think anybody took me that serious.”
However, he did switch (without an arm-wrestling match) to the Titans' #12 jersey.
Just for kicks, here is an old school video of 'Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan' arm wrestling.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin