|Whitehurst fools everyone with internet hoax|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:47 AM||
It was reported last week (including Tigernet.com) that former Clemson QB Charlie WhitehurstCharlie Whitehurst
Quarterback (2002 - 2005)
#6 6-4, 225
View Full Profile had lost an arm wrestling match against Titans' punter Brett Kern for the right to wear the #6 jersey for their team.
But it was all just a funny prank played by Whitehurst via his instagram account.
Ole Charlie got the national media pretty good making NFL.com, CBSSports.com, Yahoo.com, FoxSports.com, BleacherReport.com, SI.com, USAToday.com, DeadSpin.com and other websites to falsely report on his arm wrestling hoax.
Whitehurst admitted earlier in the week that the arm wrestling match never took place: “It all happened so fast. I don’t remember what motivated me to do it, but I think it was kind of like, ‘Hey, this looks pretty good,’” Whitehurst said, via the Tennessean. “It was a 30-second thought. I didn’t think anybody took me that serious.”
However, he did switch (without an arm-wrestling match) to the Titans' #12 jersey.
Just for kicks, here is an old school video of 'Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan' arm wrestling.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story