|Wednesday's Clemson Football Practice Report|
|Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:58 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. — Wednesday, the Clemson Tigers had their final physical practice in preparation for the season opener at Georgia on Saturday night. The Tigers worked for over two hours on the practice fields behind the indoor facility. They will have one final practice on Thursday, but won’t be in full pads.
Georgia’s fight song played over the P.A. system for much of the practice as the Tigers attempt to simulate the environment they will experience on Saturday night when over 90,000 fans will be in attendance.
“We do that for the offense,” said head coach Dabo Swinney. “It isn’t a problem for the defense. It will be quiet when Georgia snaps the ball. But it will be rocking in Athens on Saturday night. It will be a great environment.”
Swinney reported some bad news for one Clemson player on Wednesday. Offensive lineman Oliver JonesOliver Jones
RS So. Offensive Tackle
#65 6-5, 313
Ninety Six, SC
View Full Profile, a redshirt sophomore from Ninety Six, S.C., suffered a torn ACL in practice on Tuesday and will be out for the season. It is the second time he has suffered a torn ACL in his football career.
“My heart goes out to him,” Swinney said. “He is a guy who has had to persevere through so many injuries. I hurt for him. He had made progress this fall camp.”
Zac BrooksZac Brooks
Jr. Running Back
#24 6-1, 199
View Full Profile, who suffered a foot injury last week, had surgery on Wednesday. The running back who caught a touchdown pass against Georgia last year is out for the season as was previously announced.
Swinney also announced his game captains for Saturday night. Those players will be Vic BeasleyVic Beasley
RS Sr. Defensive End
#3 6-2, 236
View Full Profile, Sam CooperSam Cooper
RS Sr. Tight End
#86 6-6, 250
View Full Profile, Adam HumphriesAdam Humphries
Sr. Wide Receiver
#13 5-11, 193
View Full Profile, Grady JarrettGrady Jarrett
Sr. Defensive Tackle
#50 6-1, 290
View Full Profile and Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 231
View Full Profile.
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- Gamecock kicker takes a jab at Clemson
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- WATCH: Swinney's interview with infamous "lugubrious" CBS analyst
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll
- Game time for Clemson vs. Boston College announced