|Watkins on combine: "I am definitely going to break records"|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, February 21, 2014 10:04 AM-||
Stack Media's Zac Clark interviewed Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile after his latest workout and Watkins shared some of his goals for the upcoming NFL combine.
STACK: How is the Combine prep different from the program at Clemson?
Watkins: Clemson was more of a powerhouse; we did a lot of heavy lifting, and it was all about repetition. Here, we’re working on what we need to improve the most. For me, I’m working on single-leg strength to balance both legs so they’re firing in the same pattern.
STACK: What excites you most about the Combine?
Watkins: The Combine is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. For me, it’s going out there and being competitive and having fun with the other athletes and representing myself, my agency and my school. I am definitely going to be the top prospect and run the fastest time in the 40 and break records at the Combine.
STACK: What are your goals and expectations for your NFL rookie season?
Watkins: I feel I can make an impact right away just as DeAndre HopkinsDeAndre Hopkins
Wide Receiver (2010 - 2012)
#6 6-2, 205
View Full Profile and Keenan Allen did as rookies last year. I feel like I am on their level. I just have to go in there and have the same mindset I had in college. I have been performing against the best in the ACC and playing against players who are in the NFL now.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- Ben Boulware injury update
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Daniel Rodriguez signs with pro team