|Watkins, Beasley named ESPN's Clemson MVPs|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:41 AM-||
ESPN's Heather Dinich breaks down Clemson's most valuable players and the best and worst moments of the season.
Offensive MVP: WR Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile. He finished the year with 101 receptions for 1,464 yards and 12 touchdowns. He broke Aaron Kelly’s school record for receptions in a season (88 in 2007) and the record for receiving yards (DeAndre HopkinsDeAndre Hopkins
Wide Receiver (2010 - 2012)
#6 6-2, 205
View Full Profile: 1,405 in 2012). He finished his career ranked second in ACC history in receptions and third in reception yardage. He is tied for second in 100-yard receiving games with 15. He finished his career with 5,129 all-purpose yards, second in Clemson history.
Defensive MVP: Vic BeasleyVic Beasley
RS Jr. Defensive End
#3 6-3, 225
View Full Profile. He was named the team’s defensive MVP and ranked in the top three in the nation in sacks (13) and tackles for loss (23). Beasley was named a consensus first-team All-American. He finished the season with 44 tackles and had six pass breakups.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game