|USA Today countdown lists Clemson #15 overall|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:58 AM||
In fact, one could make a simple case: If the offense remains stout, Clemson will have incredibly impressive balance. Will it be enough to carry the Tigers past Georgia, FSU and the Gamecocks? It won't be easy. But taking just one of the three – and it won't be FSU, sadly – would leave Clemson with a very good chance at double-digit wins and a spot well inside the top 15 teams nationally. That Georgia comes on the road is one issue; that the Tigers seem unable to beat FSU and Carolina is another.
ACC teams included so far in the list - North Carolina (#27), Louisville (#29), Virginia Tech (#32), Miami (#49), Georgia Tech (#55), Boston College (#81), North Carolina State (#88), Virginia (#95) and Wake Forest (#105).
It is pretty amazing how hard North Carolina State and Virginia have slipped from contention in the last decade or so.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Watson listed on SI.com's Early Heisman Watch
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec