|USA Today countdown lists Clemson #15 overall|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:58 AM-||
USA Today has been doing team by team reviews and Clemson comes in listed at #15 overall on Tuesday.
In fact, one could make a simple case: If the offense remains stout, Clemson will have incredibly impressive balance. Will it be enough to carry the Tigers past Georgia, FSU and the Gamecocks? It won't be easy. But taking just one of the three – and it won't be FSU, sadly – would leave Clemson with a very good chance at double-digit wins and a spot well inside the top 15 teams nationally. That Georgia comes on the road is one issue; that the Tigers seem unable to beat FSU and Carolina is another.
ACC teams included so far in the list - North Carolina (#27), Louisville (#29), Virginia Tech (#32), Miami (#49), Georgia Tech (#55), Boston College (#81), North Carolina State (#88), Virginia (#95) and Wake Forest (#105).
It is pretty amazing how hard North Carolina State and Virginia have slipped from contention in the last decade or so.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Photo: Clemson's new Nike Mach Speed Uniforms
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title
- WATCH: Clemson Football Hype Video 2016