|USA Today countdown lists Clemson #15 overall|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:58 AM||
USA Today has been doing team by team reviews and Clemson comes in listed at #15 overall on Tuesday.
In fact, one could make a simple case: If the offense remains stout, Clemson will have incredibly impressive balance. Will it be enough to carry the Tigers past Georgia, FSU and the Gamecocks? It won't be easy. But taking just one of the three – and it won't be FSU, sadly – would leave Clemson with a very good chance at double-digit wins and a spot well inside the top 15 teams nationally. That Georgia comes on the road is one issue; that the Tigers seem unable to beat FSU and Carolina is another.
ACC teams included so far in the list - North Carolina (#27), Louisville (#29), Virginia Tech (#32), Miami (#49), Georgia Tech (#55), Boston College (#81), North Carolina State (#88), Virginia (#95) and Wake Forest (#105).
It is pretty amazing how hard North Carolina State and Virginia have slipped from contention in the last decade or so.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Details on Lakip's arrest
- Lakip charged with cocaine possession, DUI
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 of ESPN's Future Power Rankings
- Vegas odds on Clemson 2015 season
- WATCH: National TV Commercial for Clemson
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 for Gameday Experience
- David Wilkins discusses Confederate flag issue