|Two Tigers ranked in top 70 CFB rankings|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:08 AM-||
Clemson's defensive end Vic BeasleyVic Beasley
RS Sr. Defensive End
#3 6-3, 225
View Full Profile and defensive tackle Grady JarrettGrady Jarrett
Sr. Defensive Tackle
#50 6-1, 290
View Full Profile were included in Sports On Earth's Top 100 college football players of 2014.
Vic Beasley was ranked #6 overall and Jarrett came in at #70 overall on the top-100 preseason list.
6. Vic Beasley, DE, Clemson. The face of Clemson's defensive renaissance, Beasley broke out as a junior last season with 23 tackles for loss and 13 sacks, becoming the best edge rusher in college football. His 6-foot-2, 235-pound frame means he's almost certainly heading for a stand-up role as a linebacker in the pros -- where's he projected to be a first-round pick -- but for now he leads the way for one of the nation's best defensive lines as a 4-3 end. Beasley may not be able to be counted on to always anchor well against the run, but his quickness off the edge makes him a frontrunner for the Bednarik Award for the nation's best defensive player.
Linebacker Stephone AnthonyStephone Anthony
#42 6-2, 235
View Full Profile was a player that barely missed the cut.
Any other players that missed the cut that should have been included?
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- WATCH: Analyst says Watson is NOT a Top 5 QB for 2017 NFL Draft
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball
- Clemson earns 6th seed in 2016 ACC Baseball Championship
- Former Clemson safety signs contract with Colts
- Bender returns to Clemson
- Former Valparaiso forward will transfer to Clemson