|Tigers Travel to South Bend to Face Fighting Irish|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers travel to South Bend, Ind. this weekend to take on Notre Dame for the first time as ACC members.
• Who - Clemson (30-19, 12-11 ACC) vs. Notre Dame (17-30, 4-20 ACC)
• Rankings - CU - No. 24 USA; UND - NR
• When - Friday (7:30 p.m.), Saturday (2:05 p.m.), Sunday (12:05 p.m.)
• Where - South Bend, Ind. (Frank Eck Stadium)
• Watch - ESPNU (Friday)
• TV Announcers - Gabe Gross, Clay Matvick
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Notre Dame leads 1-0 (1994)
• Record at Notre Dame - 0-0
• Friday - LHP Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (CU) vs. RHP Pat Connaughton (UND)
• Saturday - RHP Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile (CU) vs. LHP Michael Hearne (UND)
• Sunday - TBA (CU) vs. TBA (UND)
• Clemson has won five games in a row, including its 1-0 win over High Point at home Wednesday.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.8 runs per game and hitting .284 with a .358 on-base percentage and 78 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.72 ERA, .236 opponents’ batting average and 1.98 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .964.
NOTRE DAME OVERVIEW
• Notre Dame is led by fourth-year Head Coach Mik Aoki.
• The Fighting Irish were swept at Maryland last weekend. Notre Dame is hitting .246 and has a 3.19 ERA and .963 fielding percentage.
• Blaise Lezynski is hitting a team-high .308.
• Clemson is on a five-game winning streak, its third-longest streak in 2014. The Tigers had two six-game winning streaks earlier this season.
• Tiger pitchers have combined for 14 pickoffs even though no Tiger has more than three pickoffs.
• Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile has 15 RBIs in his last 12 games.
• Clay BatesClay Bates
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#42 5-11, 180
Rock Hill, SC
View Full Profile, Matt CampbellMatt Campbell
Sr. RH Pitcher
#36 5-11, 195
View Full Profile, Joe CostiganJoe Costigan
#5 5-11, 190
View Full Profile, Mike DunsterMike Dunster
#10 5-10, 185
View Full Profile, Jon McGibbonJon McGibbon
Sr. 1st Base
#12 6-1, 220
View Full Profile and Steve Wilkerson will graduate Friday.
• The six Tigers who are graduating will not be on hand at commencement ceremonies due to Clemson’s road series to Notre Dame.
BATES SOLIDIFYING BULLPEN
• Junior righthander Clay Bates has made a team-high 22 appearances this season.
• He has a 4.78 ERA, one save and a .250 opponents’ batting average.
• He has only allowed five extra-base hits in 26.1 innings pitched.
• He has allowed only four steals in eight attempts.
• He has 38 groundball outs compared to only 13 flyball outs.
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Radakovich, Brownell to meet Saturday morning
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Report: Mike Williams to visit NFC team
- Clemson football autographs dominated the Easter Bunny