|Tanner Smith retires from basketball|
|Assoc. Editor - Sunday, June 1, 2014 3:51 PM-||
Former Clemson G/F Tanner SmithTanner Smith
#5 6-5, 210
View Full Profile has decided to give up his basketball career to pursue coaching opportunities at Mississippi State according to his facebook page.
As a senior in 2011-12, Smith was the only player in the Atlantic Coast Conference to average at least 10 points (11.2), five rebounds (5.1) and four assists (4.1) per game. He was second on Clemson’s team in scoring and led the Tigers in assists per game, while ranking among the league leaders in steals per game and assist-to-turnover ratio. He finished his career 11th in Clemson history with 159 steals. Smith earned his undergraduate degree in marketing in December of 2011, and was a four-time All-ACC Academic Team selection.
Here is information on Smith's tremendous charity 'Tanner's Totes'.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt
- WATCH: Gamecock fan flips the bird after Clemson TD
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- ACC announces game time and network for Championship Game
- Spiller takes a jab at the Gamecocks
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Vegas odds for Clemson-North Carolina
- Photo: SC uniforms for Clemson game
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner
- Daniel Rodriguez signs with pro team