|Tanner Smith retires from basketball|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, June 1, 2014 3:51 PM||
Tanner SmithTanner Smith
#5 6-5, 210
View Full Profile has decided to give up his basketball career to pursue coaching opportunities at Mississippi State according to his facebook page.
As a senior in 2011-12, Smith was the only player in the Atlantic Coast Conference to average at least 10 points (11.2), five rebounds (5.1) and four assists (4.1) per game. He was second on Clemson’s team in scoring and led the Tigers in assists per game, while ranking among the league leaders in steals per game and assist-to-turnover ratio. He finished his career 11th in Clemson history with 159 steals. Smith earned his undergraduate degree in marketing in December of 2011, and was a four-time All-ACC Academic Team selection.
Here is information on Smith's tremendous charity 'Tanner's Totes'.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney and staff in a Thursday car accident; also had an exploded tire on plane
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Photo: Spiller wins bet; Gilmore wears Clemson t-shirt
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- Swinney announces permanent team captains
- Fans boo Booker hoping for free chicken sandwiches