|Tanner Smith retires from basketball|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, June 1, 2014 3:51 PM||
Tanner SmithTanner Smith
#5 6-5, 210
View Full Profile has decided to give up his basketball career to pursue coaching opportunities at Mississippi State according to his facebook page.
As a senior in 2011-12, Smith was the only player in the Atlantic Coast Conference to average at least 10 points (11.2), five rebounds (5.1) and four assists (4.1) per game. He was second on Clemson’s team in scoring and led the Tigers in assists per game, while ranking among the league leaders in steals per game and assist-to-turnover ratio. He finished his career 11th in Clemson history with 159 steals. Smith earned his undergraduate degree in marketing in December of 2011, and was a four-time All-ACC Academic Team selection.
Here is information on Smith's tremendous charity 'Tanner's Totes'.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement