|Tanner Smith retires from basketball|
|Assoc. Editor - Sunday, June 1, 2014 3:51 PM-||
Former Clemson G/F Tanner SmithTanner Smith
#5 6-5, 210
View Full Profile has decided to give up his basketball career to pursue coaching opportunities at Mississippi State according to his facebook page.
As a senior in 2011-12, Smith was the only player in the Atlantic Coast Conference to average at least 10 points (11.2), five rebounds (5.1) and four assists (4.1) per game. He was second on Clemson’s team in scoring and led the Tigers in assists per game, while ranking among the league leaders in steals per game and assist-to-turnover ratio. He finished his career 11th in Clemson history with 159 steals. Smith earned his undergraduate degree in marketing in December of 2011, and was a four-time All-ACC Academic Team selection.
Here is information on Smith's tremendous charity 'Tanner's Totes'.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- WATCH: Analyst says Watson is NOT a Top 5 QB for 2017 NFL Draft
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball
- Clemson earns 6th seed in 2016 ACC Baseball Championship
- Former Clemson safety signs contract with Colts
- Bender returns to Clemson
- Former Valparaiso forward will transfer to Clemson