|Tanner Smith retires from basketball|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-06-01 15:51:18.0-||
Former Clemson G/F Tanner SmithTanner Smith
#5 6-5, 210
View Full Profile has decided to give up his basketball career to pursue coaching opportunities at Mississippi State according to his facebook page.
As a senior in 2011-12, Smith was the only player in the Atlantic Coast Conference to average at least 10 points (11.2), five rebounds (5.1) and four assists (4.1) per game. He was second on Clemson’s team in scoring and led the Tigers in assists per game, while ranking among the league leaders in steals per game and assist-to-turnover ratio. He finished his career 11th in Clemson history with 159 steals. Smith earned his undergraduate degree in marketing in December of 2011, and was a four-time All-ACC Academic Team selection.
Here is information on Smith's tremendous charity 'Tanner's Totes'.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State