|Sammy Watkins leaning towards the NFL|
|Assoc. Editor - Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:52 AM-||
Clemson WR Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile was asked during the media session of the CFB Award show if he was going to leave for the NFL after the season. He said he was "leaning that way" but will decide after the bowl game.
“I’m leaning that way.”
Watkins, a South Fort Myers High graduate and a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award that goes to the nation’s top wide receiver, said he wants to finish his season strong.
“I talked to coach (Dabo Swinney) all this week. And I’m definitely going to announce something after the bowl game and have it out there. I’m going to talk to my parents about it. I’m a junior. I easily could go back to school and finish classes and we definitely will have a decent team next year. I’ve just go to talk to my coaches and talk to my family.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Swinney dances in the 'Running Man Challenge'
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Kearse selected #244 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Alexander selected #54 overall in 2016 NFL Draft