|Sammy Watkins leaning towards the NFL|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:52 AM||
Clemson WR Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile was asked during the media session of the CFB Award show if he was going to leave for the NFL after the season. He said he was "leaning that way" but will decide after the bowl game.
“I’m leaning that way.”
Watkins, a South Fort Myers High graduate and a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award that goes to the nation’s top wide receiver, said he wants to finish his season strong.
“I talked to coach (Dabo Swinney) all this week. And I’m definitely going to announce something after the bowl game and have it out there. I’m going to talk to my parents about it. I’m a junior. I easily could go back to school and finish classes and we definitely will have a decent team next year. I’ve just go to talk to my coaches and talk to my family.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"