|Sammy Watkins leaning towards the NFL|
|Assoc. Editor - Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:52 AM-||
Clemson WR Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile was asked during the media session of the CFB Award show if he was going to leave for the NFL after the season. He said he was "leaning that way" but will decide after the bowl game.
“I’m leaning that way.”
Watkins, a South Fort Myers High graduate and a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award that goes to the nation’s top wide receiver, said he wants to finish his season strong.
“I talked to coach (Dabo Swinney) all this week. And I’m definitely going to announce something after the bowl game and have it out there. I’m going to talk to my parents about it. I’m a junior. I easily could go back to school and finish classes and we definitely will have a decent team next year. I’ve just go to talk to my coaches and talk to my family.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game