|Sammy Watkins leaning towards the NFL|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:52 AM||
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile was asked during the media session of the CFB Award show if he was going to leave for the NFL after the season. He said he was "leaning that way" but will decide after the bowl game.
“I’m leaning that way.”
Watkins, a South Fort Myers High graduate and a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award that goes to the nation’s top wide receiver, said he wants to finish his season strong.
“I talked to coach (Dabo Swinney) all this week. And I’m definitely going to announce something after the bowl game and have it out there. I’m going to talk to my parents about it. I’m a junior. I easily could go back to school and finish classes and we definitely will have a decent team next year. I’ve just go to talk to my coaches and talk to my family.”
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley