|Sammy Watkins leaning towards the NFL|
|Assoc. Editor - Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:52 AM-||
Clemson WR Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile was asked during the media session of the CFB Award show if he was going to leave for the NFL after the season. He said he was "leaning that way" but will decide after the bowl game.
“I’m leaning that way.”
Watkins, a South Fort Myers High graduate and a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award that goes to the nation’s top wide receiver, said he wants to finish his season strong.
“I talked to coach (Dabo Swinney) all this week. And I’m definitely going to announce something after the bowl game and have it out there. I’m going to talk to my parents about it. I’m a junior. I easily could go back to school and finish classes and we definitely will have a decent team next year. I’ve just go to talk to my coaches and talk to my family.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Chad Morris on Dabo, texting and dancing
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- Doeren tries to clarify his comments on knocking Gallman out of the game