|Rowing Coach Tenenbaum's contract not renewed|
|Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:15 AM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Robbie Tenenbaum, Clemson’s head rowing coach the last four seasons, will not return for the 2014-15 season director of athletics Dan Radakovich announced Wednesday. Tenenbaum’s current contract expires June 30, 2014.
Tenenbaum served as head coach of the program since the 2010-11 season, leading Clemson to the NCAA Championships in his first season. He previously served as an assistant during the 2009-10 season, and oversaw the club rowing program in 1993-94. This season, the Tigers finished fourth in the ACC Championships held at Lake Hartwell on the Clemson campus last week and were not invited to the 22-team NCAA Championships for the third-consecutive season.
“We thank Robbie for his hard work and service in guiding the rowing program the past four years,” Radakovich said. “We have the resources and facilities available for our rowing program to compete at a high level each and every year and will begin a national search immediately.”
“I appreciate the opportunity to work at such an outstanding institution and with so many wonderful people,” Tenenbaum said. “I thank Dr. (Terry Don) Phillips, Barbara Kennedy-Dixon and Dan Radakovich, and most of all each of the student-athletes for making this such a great experience.”
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson