|Rowing Coach Tenenbaum's contract not renewed|
|Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:15 AM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Robbie Tenenbaum, Clemson’s head rowing coach the last four seasons, will not return for the 2014-15 season director of athletics Dan Radakovich announced Wednesday. Tenenbaum’s current contract expires June 30, 2014.
Tenenbaum served as head coach of the program since the 2010-11 season, leading Clemson to the NCAA Championships in his first season. He previously served as an assistant during the 2009-10 season, and oversaw the club rowing program in 1993-94. This season, the Tigers finished fourth in the ACC Championships held at Lake Hartwell on the Clemson campus last week and were not invited to the 22-team NCAA Championships for the third-consecutive season.
“We thank Robbie for his hard work and service in guiding the rowing program the past four years,” Radakovich said. “We have the resources and facilities available for our rowing program to compete at a high level each and every year and will begin a national search immediately.”
“I appreciate the opportunity to work at such an outstanding institution and with so many wonderful people,” Tenenbaum said. “I thank Dr. (Terry Don) Phillips, Barbara Kennedy-Dixon and Dan Radakovich, and most of all each of the student-athletes for making this such a great experience.”
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- Renfrow breaks bone in hand playing pickup basketball
- Latest NCAA projection for Clemson
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits