|Roscoe Crosby update|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:46 AM||
From Brian Whitmore of the Union County News:
Crosby ended up out at Clemson and in a two-year arbitration battle with the Royals. He lost that fight in 2005 and turned to pro football. He played for the Indianapolis Colts practice squad, signed a deal that fell through with NFL Europe's Frankfurt, Germany, team and played two months with the Calgary Stampede in Canada before a groin pull ended his pro run in 2006.
"At that point, I was half in and half out," he said. "I asked myself if my heart was in it."
After internships at the high school level, Crosby was hired at Camp White Pines.
"I was searching on how to give back," he said. "I'm not just about sports, I have a lot more to offer."
He helps coach an undefeated flag football team at the camp, and sports will always be a part of Crosby's life, but it doesn't define his life.
"I asked myself, ‘If I didn't have a helmet on, would people still care about me?'" he said. "People kept telling me to suck it up and go play, but I was 19 years old and needed time to process what was happening. I've had a lot of rough times in life and got to some of my lowest points, but life isn't about how you start it, but how you finish it."
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson vs SC gametime announced
- Deshaun Watson Sunday injury update
- Swinney gives update on Watson on his call-in show
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-SC
- Clemson TE suspended indefinitely
- Clemson-SC game has an official name
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Comedian Kevin Hart coming to Clemson
- Swinney expects Watson to play again this season