|Reader on two top 25 teams in 2012-13|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:15 PM||
D.J. ReaderD.J. Reader
So. Defensive Tackle
#48 6-3, 335
View Full Profile was also a member of the Clemson baseball team in 2013. With today’s announcement that the Clemson baseball team finished the season 25th in the final USA Today Coach’s poll, Reader was a member of two top 25 teams during the academic year. The Clemson football team finished ninth in the final USA Today poll and 11th by Associated Press after its 11-2 season.
Reader became the first Clemson athletes to play on a top 25 football team and baseball team in the same academic year since Kyle ParkerKyle Parker
#11 6-1, 200
View Full Profile in 2009-10. Parker helped the Tigers to a number-24 final football ranking in USA Today and a number-four final ranking in Baseball America and Collegiate Baseball that year. He was the starting quarterback on the football team and starting right fielder on the baseball team. He had 20 home runs and 20 touchdown passes that year, the only athlete in college history to reach 20 of each in the same year. The baseball team reached the College World Series.
Below is a list of Clemson athletes who have played on a top 25 football team and baseball team in the same academic year.
FB Rankings Baseball Ranking Year Athlete Coach-AP BA-CB-USA 1958-59 Lou Cordileone 12-13 7-NP-NP 1986-87 Bill Spiers 17-18 10-10-NP Ray Williams 17-18 10-10-NP 1991-92 Jeff Sauve 18-17 7-10 1993-94 Dexter McCleon 23-22 4-9-9 Andre Humphrey 23-22 4-9-9 2009-10 Kyle Parker 24-NR 4-4-10 2012-13 D.J. Reader 9-11 NR-NR-25
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"