|Reader on two top 25 teams in 2012-13|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:15 PM||
D.J. ReaderD.J. Reader
So. Defensive Tackle
#48 6-3, 335
View Full Profile was also a member of the Clemson baseball team in 2013. With today’s announcement that the Clemson baseball team finished the season 25th in the final USA Today Coach’s poll, Reader was a member of two top 25 teams during the academic year. The Clemson football team finished ninth in the final USA Today poll and 11th by Associated Press after its 11-2 season.
Reader became the first Clemson athletes to play on a top 25 football team and baseball team in the same academic year since Kyle ParkerKyle Parker
#11 6-1, 200
View Full Profile in 2009-10. Parker helped the Tigers to a number-24 final football ranking in USA Today and a number-four final ranking in Baseball America and Collegiate Baseball that year. He was the starting quarterback on the football team and starting right fielder on the baseball team. He had 20 home runs and 20 touchdown passes that year, the only athlete in college history to reach 20 of each in the same year. The baseball team reached the College World Series.
Below is a list of Clemson athletes who have played on a top 25 football team and baseball team in the same academic year.
FB Rankings Baseball Ranking Year Athlete Coach-AP BA-CB-USA 1958-59 Lou Cordileone 12-13 7-NP-NP 1986-87 Bill Spiers 17-18 10-10-NP Ray Williams 17-18 10-10-NP 1991-92 Jeff Sauve 18-17 7-10 1993-94 Dexter McCleon 23-22 4-9-9 Andre Humphrey 23-22 4-9-9 2009-10 Kyle Parker 24-NR 4-4-10 2012-13 D.J. Reader 9-11 NR-NR-25
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover