|Ramsey named All-American by Golfweek|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:42 AM||
Clemson, S.C.—Former Clemson golfer Ashlan Ramsey has been named a third-team All-American by Golfweek for the 2013-14 season. Ramsey was one of seven freshmen from around the nation selected to one of the three teams by the national golf publication.
Other freshmen named to the Golfweek teams were Alison Lee of UCLA (1st), Yu Liu of Duke (2nd), Laetitia of Duke (2nd), Matilda Castren of Florida State (2nd), Karen Chung of Southern Cal (3rd), and Marijosse Navarro of Texas A&M (3rd).
Ramsey finished her freshman season ranked 27th nationally by Golfweek, seventh best among freshmen. The native of Milledgeville, Ga. announced at the end of the season that she would turn professional after she played for the United States in the Curtis Cup. She helped the USA to a team victory June 6-8.
Ramsey was the top stroke average player for the Tigers with a 72.91 figure. Her season included six top 10 finishes, including a pair of victories, a team best 13 rounds under par, 17 at par or better, and a national leading .937 figure in terms of driving the ball in the fairway.
Ramsey helped Clemson to the NCAA Tournament in the program’s first year. J.T. Horton’s team finished 22nd in the final Golfweek poll.
Photo of: Ashlan Ramsey
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley