|Ramsey named All-American by Golfweek|
|Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:42 AM-||
Clemson, S.C.—Former Clemson golfer Ashlan Ramsey has been named a third-team All-American by Golfweek for the 2013-14 season. Ramsey was one of seven freshmen from around the nation selected to one of the three teams by the national golf publication.
Other freshmen named to the Golfweek teams were Alison Lee of UCLA (1st), Yu Liu of Duke (2nd), Laetitia of Duke (2nd), Matilda Castren of Florida State (2nd), Karen Chung of Southern Cal (3rd), and Marijosse Navarro of Texas A&M (3rd).
Ramsey finished her freshman season ranked 27th nationally by Golfweek, seventh best among freshmen. The native of Milledgeville, Ga. announced at the end of the season that she would turn professional after she played for the United States in the Curtis Cup. She helped the USA to a team victory June 6-8.
Ramsey was the top stroke average player for the Tigers with a 72.91 figure. Her season included six top 10 finishes, including a pair of victories, a team best 13 rounds under par, 17 at par or better, and a national leading .937 figure in terms of driving the ball in the fairway.
Ramsey helped Clemson to the NCAA Tournament in the program’s first year. J.T. Horton’s team finished 22nd in the final Golfweek poll.
Photo of: Ashlan Ramsey
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Ben Boulware injury update
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- Clemson OT will not start against Wake Forest due to personal issue
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner
- Daniel Rodriguez signs with pro team