|Ramsey named All-American by Golfweek|
|Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:42 AM-||
Clemson, S.C.—Former Clemson golfer Ashlan Ramsey has been named a third-team All-American by Golfweek for the 2013-14 season. Ramsey was one of seven freshmen from around the nation selected to one of the three teams by the national golf publication.
Other freshmen named to the Golfweek teams were Alison Lee of UCLA (1st), Yu Liu of Duke (2nd), Laetitia of Duke (2nd), Matilda Castren of Florida State (2nd), Karen Chung of Southern Cal (3rd), and Marijosse Navarro of Texas A&M (3rd).
Ramsey finished her freshman season ranked 27th nationally by Golfweek, seventh best among freshmen. The native of Milledgeville, Ga. announced at the end of the season that she would turn professional after she played for the United States in the Curtis Cup. She helped the USA to a team victory June 6-8.
Ramsey was the top stroke average player for the Tigers with a 72.91 figure. Her season included six top 10 finishes, including a pair of victories, a team best 13 rounds under par, 17 at par or better, and a national leading .937 figure in terms of driving the ball in the fairway.
Ramsey helped Clemson to the NCAA Tournament in the program’s first year. J.T. Horton’s team finished 22nd in the final Golfweek poll.
Photo of: Ashlan Ramsey
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame
- Notre Dame CB on Watson: “I don’t think he’s a top five quarterback"
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- Swinney on ND game: "I couldn't get Jesus tickets"
- WATCH: Clemson vs Notre Dame Hype Video
- WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND
- ESPN reporters are All-In on Clemson over ND