|RF Tyler Colvin gets big news|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:36 AM||
From Bruce Levin of ESPN Chicago:
The Chicago Cubs and Cleveland Indians are close to a deal that will send outfielder Kosuke Fukudome to Cleveland, according to multiple major league sources.
The Cubs will receive a minor league pitcher and an outfielder from the Indians.
The Cubs, who signed Fukudome to a four-year, $48 million contract before the 2008 season, will kick in more than half of the $4.7 million owed to Fukudome for the rest of the season, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.
Tyler ColvinTyler Colvin
# 6-3, 210
View Full Profile will be with the team in Milwaukee in case the deal is completed before game time, according to sources. Colvin is expected to get most of the playing time in right field the rest of the season.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney and staff in a Thursday car accident; also had an exploded tire on plane
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Photo: Spiller wins bet; Gilmore wears Clemson t-shirt
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- Swinney announces permanent team captains
- Fans boo Booker hoping for free chicken sandwiches